Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I bought (yes bought not downloaded) a copy of Lunar SSSC and im having a problem with the sound, during any scene with talking the sound jumps every few seconds and naturally after paying $65 for the game I want to play it with functioning sound.

Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5200+, MMX, 3DNow (2 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
Memory: 1918MB RAM
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
Chip type: GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
Current Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Not sure if you need all this info but I like to be as informative as possible.

ePSXe config:

Picture of my bought game ^^

Thanks to anyone who can help me with my problem.

EDIT: im using ePSXe 1.6.0

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
use epsxe 1.7.0 with the spu core and internal limiter enabled and see if it corrects the problem. also make sure you have installed the AMD dual core utility (see link below) to prevent any performance issues you might get.

btw you dont really need to prove to us that your own the game like that, we are not that obsessive over if you actually own it or not. only people who are so blatantly obvious about it are the ones who get themselves in trouble.

http://www.amd.com/us-en/assets/content_type/utilities/DCO_1.1.4.zip

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Sorry, but you're screwed for OGL2.9 on that chip.

use the 1.78 plugin instead

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I downloaded 1.7.0 and now im having a different problem with the sound, instead of skipping every few seconds it repeat's like a broken record with any no cut scene sound apart from the music, and thats when im useing the epsxe's regular sound device, with any other sound plugin it does the same problem as before.

Oh and I know I didnt have to show the pic of my game, I just like to show off lol.

EDIT: after testing out 1.78 I have come to the conclusion that the game runs much better with OGL2.9, only problem im having is with the sound, and the problem still persists when useing 1.78 so I may as well stick with 2.9 seeing as my gfx has 512 ram

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
I downloaded 1.7.0 and now im having a different problem with the sound, instead of skipping every few seconds it repeat's like a broken record with any no cut scene sound apart from the music, and thats when im useing the epsxe's regular sound device, with any other sound plugin it does the same problem as before.

Oh and I know I didnt have to show the pic of my game, I just like to show off lol.

EDIT: after testing out 1.78 I have come to the conclusion that the game runs much better with OGL2.9, only problem im having is with the sound, and the problem still persists when useing 1.78 so I may as well stick with 2.9 seeing as my gfx has 512 ram

no, it doesn't. it doesn't have any ram at all. Everything is assigned from SLOW system ram. good luck though you'll need it running 2.9 on a chip thats slower then an FX5200.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
this is from my dxdiag file:
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_03D0&SUBSYS_14051565&REV_A2
Display Memory: 512.0 MB

so yes, I DO have it.

·
PC game modder
6,950 Posts
Look at the line above the one you marked!

It says there its "integrated" meaning that your graphics card has no ram, instead it is sharing the "general" systems ram, So out of your 1918MB ram its stealing 512MB of it!

The problems are that...

1. System ram is slower then ram that is designed for graphics use!

2. Because its system ram that is being used it is making it harder for the rest of the system to use it! ie... The speed that it does have can only be spread so far!

Your system is affectively chocking!

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Look at the line above the one you marked!

It says there its "integrated" meaning that your graphics card has no ram, instead it is sharing the "general" systems ram, So out of your 1918MB ram its stealing 512MB of it!

The problems are that...

1. System ram is slower then ram that is designed for graphics use!

2. Because its system ram that is being used it is making it harder for the rest of the system to use it! ie... The speed that it does have can only be spread so far!

Your system is affectively chocking!
Actually, Integrated means the amount the V-Bios counts. However theres n o counting on this chip since it assigns it from system memory.

the 6150se is actually a TC chip, which you can assign up to 256MB's of system ram in the bios, and if it requires more it virtualises 512MB of system ram.

Its a cruel joke what nvidia played with the 6150 and 7150 chips. turbocache was just a load of ****.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.