Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm using ePSXe 1.7 and i'm having a problem running Lunar SSS. Everything looks great and runs fine except for the animated cutscenes. All the cutscenes play off centered, slightly too far over to the right! (they DO play with sound). I've seen a few other people with this problem, but no advice on how to fix it. I already have the special game fix for Lunar checked, but it doesn't seem to have anything to do with this cutscene problem.

I've been using Pete'sOpenGL Driver 2.9 for pretty much EVERY rpg i've played over the past year and a half and it's worked absolutely great with my graphics card and pc, except for now. I've adjusted and messed with every setting possible with this plugin, and atleast 2 or 3 other plugins (all the most popular ones, i don't remember the names.) Ran the game with the same plugins in PSXeven too, just to see if it was a problem with the emulator... Still off centered cutscenes!

i refuse to believe that i'm the only person running 1.7 and using Pete'sOpenGL Driver 2.9 that has run into this problem. I would be incredibly appreciative to ANYONE with ANY sort of answer to this problem. I never got to finish this game and I just NEED to play it glitch/error/annoyance free!

thanks SO MUCH in advance to anyone who can help me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Since my first post i've tried a few things... i'm hoping some of this information will narrow down what the possible problem could be.

i downloaded versions 1.6.0 and 1.5.2 and i'm still running into the same problem with all different plugins, but something interesting happened. i downloaded a GPU called "Nikk's Next GL" or something along those lines and it started the game with the cutscenes still off centered, but in the opposite direction (the cutscenes are now too far to the left.)

I then tried downloading "pSX Emulator" 1.13. For those of you that don't know, it's an emulator that works without plugins, and tries to closely emulate an actual playstation, but offers no visual enhancements, and looks rather crappy in full screen. but for some reason the cutscenes were perfectly centered. However, i'd like to play this game on ePSXe because it runs way smoother and looks much better on it.

At this point i'm not really expecting someone to give me some... secret, magical trick that will fix my problem, cuz i've tried almost everything. but if anyone has any information on which config settings for the graphics plugin would affect something like offcentered FMV's, let me know. i've tried a bunch of different resolutions and messed with the screen stretching and widescreen fix options, because it seems logical that those things might affect a problem like this, but no luck. i'm really desperate here, people. ANY advice or information would be amazing...

has ANYONE played Lunar SSS on ePSXe 1.7.0 with ANY of Pete's plugins, and not had to deal with off centered animated cutscenes? if so, please tell me HOW!

thanks in advance!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
in all sencerity, thank you SO MUCH. i renamed it so i can switch between them with f7, but i have one last question... i can't seem to get this plugin to work fullscreen... even with the fullscreen box checked. any ideas?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.