Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Eh??
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! Can anyone tell me wich SEGA CD emulator plays Lunar and Lunar 2? I have Gens here, but I don't know if it works! (I wanna buy the sega cd versions, but the dude don't let me test it in my home before buying!). BTW, is there any specific bios file required?

·
~ Lord of Darkness ~
15,407 Posts
Gens runs both titles 100% fine, I've yet to test them on Kega but I'm most sure that the outcome will be the same (if not better). No specific BIOS is required, just use the standard US SegaCD Model 1/2 BIOS and you will be just fine.

·
Eh??
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey, thanks guys! :thumb:
I bought them today and I'm playing the first one now!
Meh, I forgot how great the intro music is! (I played this game a long time ago on the real console!) Funny thing: though the psx version has better graphics and superb anime scenes, the musics on the sega CD version seems better! Am I crazy???
Anyway, here's some shots of Lunar working on gens: (sorry the pics are small, its just that gens only takes small screenshots, and I'm too lazy to copy-and-paste!

·
~ Lord of Darkness ~
15,407 Posts
Both SegaCD titles feature clearly superior musical scores; SSSC features a new arrangement of tracks which are crap next to the ones of TSS; EBC features the same musical arrangement as EB yet they sound worse than the original... the original games feature CD audio while the remix feature something that resembles low quality midis... why do you think I despise these remakes so much? ;)

·
Eh??
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think I'm starting to agree with Kaiser! That "love" I had for the remakes, I think it was just 'cause of the splendid full motion anime scenes and the better graphics... But I'm having WAY more fun playing the originals!

Some shots of lunar 2! Keh, I still remember the first time I saw these scenes, I thought it was just a dream! It was hard to believe it was a sega cd game!

·
~ Lord of Darkness ~
15,407 Posts
Indeed, Lunar II EB was a great game for its time, featured a good number of pseudo-movies (think of them as the previous step to MDECs) unlike TSS which featured mostly static anime images; it also had a lot of voice acting... I was amazed that so much data could be stored in only one CD...

·
Registered
833 Posts
wow the graphics look sharp for sega cd. Very limited color texture but i like it that way. Never liked games too colorful. I played this game on the psx and reallly like it and might check it out once i can borrow my cousins segacd collection.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts