Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read all of the info I can find on swapping discs but none of it works :hdbash: I'm wondering if this is just a problem for this game or if I am just doing something wtong?

I just finished disc 1 last night and saved right before the last scene of that disc (the game doesn't make a new save file for disc 2). Has anyone played this and tried to swap discs? The command in the File menu of ePSXe doesn't do it for me, it just stays on the "insert Disc 2" screen.

Any advice would be appreciated...it's a great game :)

·
Registered
654 Posts
Since you've tried ESC, File-->Change Disc and it hasn't worked for you, and you're wondering if you're doing something wrong, I'm going to conclude that this is the first time you've tried to swap disks in emulation.

It requires a precise sequence of events, perhaps you've accidentally got them out of order?
  • Hit ESC in the game. You should see the ePSXe GUI.
  • Eject disk 1 from your CD-ROM drive and insert disk 2
  • Hold down SHIFT on your keyboard while disk 2 is sliding in and hold it until the disk finishes spinning up. This is not strictly necessary, but I like to do it because it prevents Windows from doing autoplay on your Playstation CD and bringing up a Windows Explorer window or trying to play the disk as a CD, etc.
  • In the ePSXe GUI do File -> Change Disc -> CDROM
  • Click OK on the dialog box that pops up
Your game should continue on disk 2. To make sure I had the sequence right, I just now tested it with Colony Wars and it worked.

BTW, I've added both Lunar games to my buy list, so if the above doesn't help, when I get the game I'll post here and you can send me the memcard file and I'll see if I can reproduce and fix your problem.

Dan

·
Registered
232 Posts
When I read the documentation for ePSXe, it said that the 'Change CD' option doesnt work 100% of the time.
Therefore, if the problem is consistent, try a different emulator?
OR
Maybe try a differnt CD plugin? <--- i dont know if that option will work however. I believe the CD change feature is coded into ePSXe, not the cd plugin. i may be mistaken.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies :)

I must have been doing something wrong, though I don't know what. I went through the sequence dbhankins suggested and it worked; I never knew about holding SHIFT while a cd is loading.

Thanks again :wave:

·
Registered
654 Posts
A Playstation will recognize a CD as soon as you close the lid/tray. A PC can take as long as 10 seconds to spin the CD up and recognize it. Perhaps you weren't waiting long enough for the system to recognize the CD before attempting to continue? In addition to preventing autoplay, that shift-hold procedure has the side effect of guaranteeing that the disk is spun up before you go on.

Dan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.