Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there any way to manually config so that no$gba uses less processing power than it currently does?

when I play it on my computer I can hear the fan spinning at max speed, and then just now I smell burning... I want my computer to live longer because it's still okay.

I always thought DS is just gba upgraded, how come no$gba using much more processing power than vba?

·
Super Moderator
13,069 Posts
-> DS emulating.
It also doesnt come with specific multithreading or multicore optimisations.

For the 'burning' issue, you might wish to review the current state of your hardware, to confirm it wasnt actually insufficiently cooled or risking to have possible issues that would be unrelated to no$gba (such as an underperforming fan or power supply).

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
It's up to you to make sure your PC is adequately cooled.
I suggest you check it's temperature with HardwareMonitor or SIW

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
while ds is gba upgraded but it has to emulate a new rendering system (which games render in h/w or s/w or both), new sound system, two cpus that are different to a pentium cpus and two independant screens.

plus you got to consider it is a new system and there is still not much known about it, similar thing occurred gba emulators except the emulators have improved in speed and compatibility quite quickly, it wont be the same ds since it is significantly more complex to emulate

·
Registered
24 Posts
The burning smell could come from smoldering dust and grime inside the heatsinks.

I suggest thoroughly cleaning your PC. This will probably also alleviate the heat problem.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
also use new thermal grease, they can dry out and start to burn (funny thing is the idiot kept saying my cpu is damaged but i confirmed it with several it pros that it is the thermal grease, it looks like the cpu is burned cos artic silver thermal grease makes seemed damaged when it is burned

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
artic silver applied properly doesn't dry out, or burn.

sounds like the layer you applied was too thin :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts