Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you played the new Lord of the Rings game, the third Age? :)

It was released a few days ago. Ive played a bit of it. So far it looks pretty cool. :thumb:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Tori-Yama said:
Its laying around somethere, need to try it out someday. :p
It's pretty cool :D
I'm still plaing LOTR RotK on GBA so I haven't gotten that far in TTA.

I'll get down to it once I'm done with RotK.

So far For the good guys you can choose Aragorn, Gandalf or Elrond as a Commander. :)

For the bad guys you can choose Saruman, The Witch King or someone else (I forgot who) :angry:

Then when you choose a hero you you play 2 tutorials then the main quests:)

·
Registered
10,223 Posts
the third age is an rpg, and they call it the third age because the whole quest with gandalf and frodo and the ring takes place during the third age of middle-earth, its like a measurement of time, the third age ends with the defeat of sauron and the destruction of the ring

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Captain said:
So does it have a turn-based battle system like traditional rpg's?
Yes, it is turn-based. What happens you control a hero who might have other heros nearby. :)

Each hero will command a number of soldiers. Depending on the heros' leadership abilities they will be able to make a certain amount of moves each turn. :)

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
This is a straight up console-style RPG. The battle system is actually nearly identical to FFX's. Only played it briefly... seems like a very good, very solid game (obviously the story is good, and like all the LOtR games, the graphics and production values are really good) but nothing mind-blowing.

·
Souless Angel
900 Posts
I'm still bothered by how close it will follow the films. I think I've seen and played my fair of the movies. I'd like to experience a whole new setup within the Tolkien world. Will this happen? Probably not. ....oh welll... back to the "Redemption of Althalus".

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
The third age for GBA is a strategy game, where as the ones for console are straight up RPG's....just so there is no confusion ;)

·
Registered
248 Posts
I have this for PS2 and i gotta say that Im pretty impressed, didnt expect it to be so good but I like it alot, its alot like FFX with the little map in top right corner and tyhe battles are pretty similar to it too, graphics are great also

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I like the GBA version, haven't played the others yet though. Its alot like Advance Wars but...its LOTR. Which is a good combo.

·
I've Changed
298 Posts
LOTR The Third Age is a turn based RPG on the PS2, X-Box, and GC. It is a strategy game on the GBA. You do not play as any of the main LOTR characters (Gandalf, Frodo, Sam, Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli, etc.). Instead you play as characters who knew or helped the main characters. You fight and adventure in many of the places from the movies (Helms Deep, Minis Tirith (the White City(sorry about the spelling)), etc.) and also in some new areas.
You fight Orcs, Goblins, Cave Trolls, the Nasgul (Ring Wraiths) on their flying beasts, Oliphants, and even the Balrog (he's a boss in the Mines of Moria, where else?). Plus there are other enemies as well. You can use magic and summons (the giant Ent looks cool). I've picked this game up for the PS2 and I've not regretted it.
sx/amiga

1 - 20 of 25 Posts