Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to find some more good bands, because I like very few of what is out there. I really want to hear some songs of bands that are like Cradle of Filth or Dimmu Borgir. I like pretty much all types of metal, but I also like to kinda know what they are saying lol. Only bands I like are disturbed, metallica, cradle of filth, dimmu borgir, slayer, rob zombie and killswitch engaged. Are there any other bands like dimmu borgir or cradle? I've searched youtube, but most bands that com close to them just have like one good song lol. Like Death Stars and behemoth. Cannibal corpse you cant even hear what they say so I don't like them. Any other ideas?

·
TEKKEN LORD
1,287 Posts
since you're Into black / extreme Gothic , i might recommend somethings although I'm more of a Heavy/Power/Gothic/Death Metal .

Black metal

1-Immortal
2-Graveworm
3-Samael (a little Keyboardish)

Death Metal

1-In Flames
2-Dark Tranquility
3-Arch enemy

Try these for now , if you like them i can recommend lots more
Just want to see whats your real taste

·
Ya'ver drink Brazilian bold from fkn dunkn donuts!
7,828 Posts
Mastodon have some epic stuff, Leviathan, Blood Mountain and Crack the Skye are all brilliant albums from them.

3 Inches of Blood are also a rather good listen.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I didn't like any of these bands. Well the songs I heard on youtube that is. It's not so much the bands I don't like tho. I just like fast drums and guitar mainly, but some crazy voices like cradle or dimmu makes it better.

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
Well, Slipknot is pretty awesome band and they're pretty disturbing in some ways... Try out Duality, Left Behind, Wait and Bleed, Before I forget and The Eyeless. Especially the eyeless is just freaky!:lol:

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
I didn't like any of these bands. Well the songs I heard on youtube that is. It's not so much the bands I don't like tho. I just like fast drums and guitar mainly, but some crazy voices like cradle or dimmu makes it better.
Check Graveworm, I've been listening to these guys for ages and seen about 10 gigs of them, desperately longing for another one. They make great stuff, their first albums are heavily gothic influenced. (all before Engraved in Black, highly atmospheric)

Engraved in Black is brilliant, a bit harder than the other albums but some very good songs in there. Highly recommended given its very good polish.

Nutopia is a bit more Nu-metal experiment, much better lyrics but the songs just aren't that good. The atmosphere is gone and all. Things got better again with Collateral Defect, which is a very good album again, just quite short. If I have to recommend two albums, try As the Angels Reach the Beauty and Engraved in Black. As a fan of Dimmu and Cradle, you'll like them.

Otherwise: Blind Guardian ftw ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.