Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, from the childhood Mario been my one of the favorite games and I still love to play it. For the past few hours I been trying to find some games like it but with no success.

All I want is some arcade like fun game where I can play as a character, have nice levels, good sound.. Well, in short looking for Mario like games, platform doesnt matter.

Cheers,
EnLi

·
Tushy :3
7,315 Posts
Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie for Nintendo 64 are very similar to Super Mario 64. You may want to check those out if you already have not done so yet.

Maybe not exactly what you're looking for when it comes to "arcarde-like" games...but it is still similar and I thought you may like the suggestion. I hope it works. ;)

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
donkey kong sucks on an emulator..... (problematic graphics.... core.... etc)

·
Registered
10,973 Posts
Donkey Kong or Donkey Kong 64? Donkey Kong is VERY GOOD in MAME.

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
I love DK64, IMO. And it works really well on the emulator I've tried.

Project64?, because no it doesn't :p. Theres numerous opcode crashes at random, Broken clipping(falling through walls and floors randomly) random inability to pick up coins or banana's. Random crashes in certain rooms. Known issues involving hand stand races and stuff.....

Donkey Kong 64 is one of the games being addressed in PJ64 1.7... albeit slowly.

·
Your resident reaper...
7,319 Posts
I actually meant Donkey Kong Country for the SNES...

It was my lifeline during a vacation once where my parents took me to the middle of nowhere on some farm by a town with a total population of 300 people. After spending 2 weeks there, I swear I could play that game in my sleep.

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
heh... they are in there... i've never gotten more then half way through the game without it beginning to crash

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Banjo-Kazooie series looks good. I didnt know Donkey kong 64 was there :eek:

Guys keep more titles coming, after few days i will list all the games in the first post for easier finding.

Thanks !

·
Ya'ver drink Brazilian bold from fkn dunkn donuts!
11,526 Posts
If you are looking for old school sideways action in the same category as the Super Mario Brothers, then look no further than Earthworm Jim. Highly colourful, hard, engaging and challenging gameplay and some of the most original character design in any side scroller. Absolute 2D action platforming bliss.

·
Opensource-spice
1,704 Posts
If you are looking for old school sideways action in the same category as the Super Mario Brothers, then look no further than Earthworm Jim. Highly colourful, hard, engaging and challenging gameplay and some of the most original character design in any side scroller. Absolute 2D action platforming bliss.
I agree with this man wholeheartedly.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Seems like it is on every console and on pc too. Which one is your favourite?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.