Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Please....if you can't investiagte a simple matter yourself or find a list of products on google, don't waste our time posting these threads. There are a number of products that suit your needs that can be found with a simple google search. You're just lazy and you're asking us to spoonfeed you. If you want an opinion on a specific model, then ask us. If you're looking for a list....google is where you should be.

·
The Master of Disguise
808 Posts
lol at the above, spyhop can be harsh sometimes.

One of the best products out there to record your games is the hauppauge HD PVR. The only problem is that you need to use a Component Cable, meaning no 1080p Gameplay for you, the hauppauge can record up to 1080i. 720p vs 1080p doesn't have a big difference so it shouldn't be a problem unless u are picky about stuff.

If you want a HDMI Capture Card, then just click the link Spyhop posted and click the first search result.

If you are interested in the hauppauge HD PVR, here is a link showing what the price it can be gotten for and what features it offers:

Link: Newegg.com - Hauppauge HD PVR High Definition Personal Video Recorder 1212 USB 2.0 Interface - TV Tuners & Video Devices

If you want to see the quality it can give, just do a youtube search with the word "hauppauge HD PVR"

·
The Master of Disguise
808 Posts
Well, no entirely, just by doing the google search you posted above he could have gotten an answer and research the product to see if it is any good.

If he would have specify something like I want to play over HDMI and record using component then things would get more complicated. He just said "I'm looking for HDMI capture device" which doesn't tell us much. If he want to record 1080p, then he better have at least 5 HDDs in Raid and a good PC to handle all that.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,570 Posts
Blackmagic Design: Intensity

^
I'm supposed to get one of these for Christmas. Apparently these cards are used by both Microsoft's and Sony's game divisions to make their "official" HD capture trailers and such. Also supports analogue in via component, S-video, and composite. If this thing had a built-in tuner, I'd be completely set.

It costs about $200USD MSRP but I've seen it for $170USD by googling around for prices.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, no entirely, just by doing the google search you posted above he could have gotten an answer and research the product to see if it is any good.

If he would have specify something like I want to play over HDMI and record using component then things would get more complicated. He just said "I'm looking for HDMI capture device" which doesn't tell us much. If he want to record 1080p, then he better have at least 5 HDDs in Raid and a good PC to handle all that.
My bad, did do a google search before posting but got a lot of unclear answers as to an actual card. There were results that most HDMI capture devices were copyright encoded which was useless for editing video.

·
The Master of Disguise
808 Posts
Well, as I mentioned before, if you are looking to record 720p/1080i videos and play games with no delay or lag Input, then the hauppauge HD PVR would be your best option, it can compress videos while recording saving you HDD space. Basically all you gotta do is record and edit your videos when done.

I have the HAVA Platinum HD, only problem with the Hava is that it records in the current resolution but downscales it to 480i which is a bit horrible.

Here is a video using the Hava : YouTube - BB TIME vs illu322 (480i video)

Here is a video using the Happauge HD PVR: YouTube - PAWzilla (Boxer/Balrog) vs EvilBowlOfCereal (Rufus) (720p video)

If u just want a capture card for ur pc, then do a bit of research on it, can't help u there since I don't have any experience with it.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,570 Posts
The PS3 only enforces HDCP when playing copyrighted Bluray movies. The manual specifically mentions this.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you need to bypass the HDCP under fair use practices, you can always get an HDCP compliant HDMI extender. Look for compatibility details within reviews on the HDMI extender before purchashing for fair use practices.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.