Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are looking for games build with xdk 4242.
Normaly we are looking for games build with 4627, like turok and rayman.

But 4242 games look promising to play.
Smashing drive and gauntlet are both 4242 games...

So wich games are out there with 4242.. if someone knows wich more games are build with 4242 let us know.. then we can test them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Is there anyway to know which games have a certain xdk? Is there a master list, or can you guess based on the date it was released?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Dxbx can extract the XDK version from the XBE file itself. I'm not sure where in the menu it is, but in Cxbx you can dump the XBE information under Edit > Dump Xbe Info To > File.

·
Registered
6 Posts
That would help if you already have the game. I'm more curious if theres a way we could target a list of games that would be good to purchase and test out.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Well, according to teamxbox Smashing Drive (Xbox) has release date: 3/19/2002

On that same site, other titles released around that time where :

Wave Rally XB
Gun Metal [4361]
Totaled! [4361]
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin [4531]
NHL 2003
Sneakers
Star Wars Jedi Knight II
ESPN NFL Football
Genma Onimusha [3948]
All-Star Baseball 2003 [4531]
Jet Set Radio Future [4134]
UFC: Tapout
ESPN NBA 2Night 2002
Pirates: Legend of Black Kat
Triple Play 2002
Crash Bandicoot [4361]
007: Agent Under Fire [4039]
Blood Omen 2 [4134]
ESPN MLS EXTRA TIME 2002
Gunvalkyrie [4134]
Knockout Kings 2002
Defender
Spider-Man: The Movie Game [4134]
FIFA 2002 World Cup
Burnout [4361]
Wreckless: The Yakuza Missions [4134]
Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
FIFA Soccer 2003
MotoGP
Star Wars Jedi Starfighter [4361]
Hunter: The Reckoning [4361]
World Series Baseball
Legends of Wrestling
Taz: Wanted [4432]
ESPN Int'l Winter Sports 2002
ESPN X-Games Snowboarding
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 [4039]
Prisoner of War [4432]
Reign of Fire
RedCard Soccer 20-03
Terminator: Dawn of Fate
Tetris Worlds [4361]
RalliSport Challenge [4134]
Mike Tyson Heavyweight Boxing
Crazy Taxi 3 [4531]
NCAA Football 2003

Some may be newer, my bad if so.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Am I doing something wrong or am I blind? When I dump XBE info to a file, I don't find any mention of an XDK (I even did a ctrl+f)

I tried the XDKTracker option, but nothing happens when I click it...

·
Registered
376 Posts
That post on the site wasn't there when I made my post in this thread. :p

EDIT: Well nothing I have seems to use XDK 4242... however one of those is 007 Agent Under Fire, so that's one scratched off of Patrick's list.

But, it would seem that the XDK it uses is 4039, which is the number shown in brackets on the list. This would mean that the number in brackets IS the XDK version, which greatly reduces the games to look through.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It seems that Unreal Championship is XDK 4928 and Unreal Championship 2 is XDK 5849... I agree, there should be a master list of XDK versions. The DXBX compatibility list has some of those listed, but the list ends with the letter M for some reason.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I didn't actually suggest that there should be a master list, but I was going to add that as an edit...but then the forum when down or something. D:

So yeah, a master list. It'd probably be best to be wiki-style so that you don't bog down just one person with submissions. (see: Custom Music Hub on SmashBoards)

EDIT: HOLY CRAP how did you reply so fast?! When my browser loaded the page to show my newly made post (I clicked "post reply"), your new one BELOW THIS was there!

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
There is a list for Dxbx developers.. but its not complete.
because everyone is asking for it... here is the latest updated list in html form.

·
Linux's worst nightmare..
1,510 Posts
im gonna fill some of those blanks and update
least i can do :p

·
Registered
423 Posts
Sorry about my last post - I did that in a hurry, and forgot to explain the bracketed numbers (I'm so used to them, that it didn't occur to me it could need some explaining).

Anyway, a few remarks:

@tabai: Thanks for keeping dxbx-emu.com up-to-date! Perhaps one day we'll start using that as our main site, but I'm still very used to ngemu - and I like the crowd here!

@Nintendo Maniac : XDK numbers are mentioned as Library versions, normally all libraries in use in a game are from the same XDK version (the exception to this rule are the older titles, these tended to be put together with libraries from different versions, or so it seems).

The reason we're looking for the somewhat older titles is not so much related to symbol scanning (as we've got patterns for most of the recent XDK versions just fine), but has to do with the simpler initialization phase; Most of the newer titles either have some sort of copy-protection scheme or call more recent functions that we haven't patched yet.

We're working on the newer titles too of course, but it would be nice to get one of the older ones running... Alas we don't know the XDK version for all titles yet, and the only way to dig this up is by looking at the actual games' default.xbe... since we don't have all games, we hope that others will help us out a little.

·
1,510 Posts
This is my attempt to fill the blanks in the database

James Bond 007: Everything or Nothing 5659
NBA Ballers 5659
Reign of Fire 4928
Sega Soccer Slam 4432
UFC Tapout 4039
ESPN Int'l Winter Sports 2002 4134
Dino Crisis 3 5558

·
Registered
423 Posts
Thanks ppl, this brings the number of unknown versions down to 551 out of 1006 known games (this includes region variants, so the real number of games is lower).

·
1,510 Posts
Legends of Wrestling 4242
:D

1 - 20 of 45 Posts