Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Emulation Junkie
828 Posts
Um...isn't that a new release??? I really don't think anyone would have had time to translate it yet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
some people at the board on gamefaqs.com say they have it but wont tell me where they got it. they say its against the TOS or some crap like that

·
Extra Large Member
936 Posts
1) There is a partial patch. V1 translates nearly all items, attacks, menus, pokemon names, etc (basically, everything except the dialog). V2 translates part of the dialog, but I do NOT recommend using it as it is known to be buggy (it makes it so your pokedex doesn't work).
2) I see there's now a v3 of the patch, don't know if that one still has the pokedex bug.
3) Here's the link to the translation site: http://eo-trans.vip-anime.com/eme/
They only have the current patch for download, but I still have v1 if you want it.

EDIT: According to their faq, the pokedex bug is fixed in v3
*The POKéDEX crashes! What to do?

-This was a known bug. It was fixed in VERSION 3! Here's how to remove it:
1-Make a copy of a clear POKéMON Emerald Japanese ROM (NOT TRANSLATED!).
2-Patch the ROM using VERSION 3 patch.
3-Bug fixed!.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
yay! thanks a lot dude. well, off to play emerald :p

EDIT: I dl the patch and this ISP.exe thign that youre supposed to need ot apply the patch, but how does the ISP.exe thing work? i just try runnign it and it closes out immediately

·
Extra Large Member
936 Posts
Dunno about the isp.exe thing. I always either use SNEStool to apply patches, or VBA's built in patcher.
To use VBA's patcher, simply make sure the rom and the patch have the same filename (ie, POKE-EMERALD.GBA and POKE-EMERALD.IPS), then go to options->emulator in VBA and make sure the "autopatic IPS patching" option is checked, then load the rom.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts