Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Pink Poney
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Turns out my tracphone died, and I'm working full time now, so here's an opportunity to get a kickass new phone. Functionality wise, it'd be nice if I could check email, internet, IM, and have a built in GPS. Music and video is not so important (I have a 16gb Ipod touch).

It doesn't need to be a super-phone, but making the money I am now, I'd be an idiot to stick myself with another tracfone :)

Also, I live in vermont; i'm not sure about coverage of the major carriers, so anyone with knowledge on that stuff, speak up.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,571 Posts
If GPS is a must, the phone that you'll get will likely have all of the bells and whistles whether you want them or not. (i.e. the phone will be expensive and likely require an expensive subscription to make proper use of it without getting ripped off)

·
Mhm.
2,134 Posts
Well. your like a 6 hour drive from me, little creepy. But the G1 can do all of that with a tmobile which is out in ur area i beileve. Although battery life with gps on any phone is very lacking. Theres so much draw on the battery. And the windows mobile phones that have wlan on them also drain power. Theres a few other random touchscreen phones, one is a samsung i liked i forget what its called, had all of that. mhm...

And tmobile is rather cheap with their plans. you can get the fav. 5 with unlimited texting for like 45$ only 300 minutes or so outside the favs. only downisde

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,571 Posts
Samsung Instinct. It's a Sprint phone and requires a special package to make use of it. $79.99/month minimum I think.

It may also exist on other carriers as well...

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,571 Posts
Yeah the new iPhone has copy and paste, putting it almost on par with my phone from 4 years ago. :thumb:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.