Next Generation Emulation banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Crazy GFX coder
16,809 Posts
I keep forgetting that Steam added support for DS3, i did also hear that it has superior analogues to the DS4, so it might be better at the current time dunno. I prefer the Xb1 gamepad as well, but i do admit that its also due to the fact that i can't stand x-input emulation.
The DS3 is overall a champion when it comes to gamepads and I only saw a revision with really cheap plastic but for the most part is one of the best gamepads with solid battery life.

The XB1S/X/Elite wins because of the overall robust design and the flexibility you get with those pads as well as probably the best support when it comes to firmware updates and tweaks. Apart from that the trigger-rumble is nothing but awesome something all DS gamepads lag and a feature that is awesome when playing certain games and most specially racing games.

·
Classic Games Lover
5,272 Posts
I dunno man, I find the triggers on the DS3 absolutely abhorrent, the 360 pad wins here by a long shot. I also never liked the fact that Sony's pads (bar the first analog pad) always had convex analog sticks, my thumbs tend to slip off them. The d-pad on DS3 is a champ indeed.

DS4? The 6-8 hrs of battery life is a joke, triggers are still wonky, albeit better than DS3, the d-pad is worse.

Both DS3 and DS4 seem to be made of a really cheap plastic.

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,428 Posts
I dunno man, I find the triggers on the DS3 absolutely abhorrent, the 360 pad wins here by a long shot. I also never liked the fact that Sony's pads (bar the first analog pad) always had convex analog sticks, my thumbs tend to slip off them. The d-pad on DS3 is a champ indeed.

DS4? The 6-8 hrs of battery life is a joke, triggers are still wonky, albeit better than DS3, the d-pad is worse.

Actually specs wise the DS3 is still one of the best gamepads made, albeit at least for me uncomfortable for also the reasons you mentioned (plus some more :p). Again as you mentioned the triggers is its weakest point, but analogue wise it has one of the best responses, its not considered the best for rocket league just for show, it has pressure sensitive buttons, and we all agree on the D-pad. Again not a gamepad i like to use but it certainly has its highlights.

·
Crazy GFX coder
16,809 Posts

6-8 hours would be more acceptable than my current DS4. I fully charged the gamepad about half hour ago just to play Detroit become human which btw is a fantastic game and now half hour later is almost empty once again. The gamepad is trash in my opinion. I hate it with passion and not just for the battery life.

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,428 Posts
6-8 hours would be more acceptable than my current DS4. I fully charged the gamepad about half hour ago just to play Detroit become human which btw is a fantastic game and now half hour later is almost empty once again. The gamepad is trash in my opinion. I hate it with passion and not just for the battery life.
That's just bad luck :p. You lucked out on your DS4, just how i did on two Xbox One controllers :p (took me me three tries to get a good one :p). My DS4 had no issue with intensive gaming through the whole day, i do admit that when i knew i was going to be going at it for multiple days at night before going to bed i would leave it to charge itself just to be on the safe side, but that was just me playing it safe not because it was drained and needed to be recharged. For periods of time when i didn't play much i think i used it for over a month without recharging it once...

·
Crazy GFX coder
16,809 Posts
That's just bad luck :p. You lucked out on your DS4, just how i did on two Xbox One controllers :p (took me me three tries to get a good one :p). My DS4 had no issue with intensive gaming through the whole day, i do admit that when i knew i was going to be going at it for multiple days at night before going to bed i would leave it to charge itself just to be on the safe side, but that was just me playing it safe not because it was drained and needed to be recharged. For periods of time when i didn't play much i think i used it for over a month without recharging it once...
I think is bad luck and I may get another one but since day one it wasn't that great either. My issue goes beyond battery life as the overall design is what I dislike.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts