Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Whenever I have installed this transformation pack, I always get a problem, specifically getting its sidebar to display. Maybe this is because i've already installed ObjectDesktop Suite.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just like to note that I had to install it through Safe mode otherwise it wouldn't work.

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
K.I.L.E.R said:
Just like to note that I had to install it through Safe mode otherwise it wouldn't work.
Could you please post some sreenshots? :)

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Yes please! I always wanted to do this on one of my accounts but never did :p And why doesn't anyone post screens ever! Someone please!

·
[Insert Ad Here]
333 Posts
Razor Blade said:
Yes please! I always wanted to do this on one of my accounts but never did :p And why doesn't anyone post screens ever! Someone please!
Hey Razor I have a few screenies as you requested.

Some of the programs I used to get this look are the following:

WindowBinds 4.3 using the slate version of Longhorn VS theme by Kol at deviantART

SkinStudio Free Version (this allows you to import msstyles and open them in windowblinds. This is good because it allows you to install themes without having to go into safe mode)

Smartbarxp - used this for the sidebar and the transparency effect for the sidebar and the taskbar

Y'z toolbar using Aero Glass theme by Deadzombie at neowin

Y'z shadow for the shadow effects for the windows and taskbar

*Not sure about making links for the y'z products but i'm sure you can find them on google.

The Longhorn Leaf wallpaper is shown in the screenshot below

·
Premium Member
6,283 Posts
Currently using the transformation pack without the sidebar, and just added the Aero Glass toolbar (though I did it through style xp, one program for everything :p)

As for people with troubles installing the pack, just install it and put everything on "don't change it", it'll copy the files and you'll be able to use them with StyleXP ;)

*EDIT* woops, forgot the pic ;)

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Personally I tried it as well. Thanks for the shots zman. I think you will all have better results by doing a little research like zman has and trying out 3rd party apps, as they all seem to look 100 Times better. I didn't like how it changed my login screen. :p I like the default one better than the longhorn one.

·
[Insert Ad Here]
333 Posts
No problem Razor. ;) I also have to agree that the Longhorn Transformation Pack is terrible. Even when I was advised to install it in safe mode the results were not as I expected. A collection of 3rd party apps is the way to go to achieve the Longhorn look.

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Ya most of them aren't big either. Some under a meg, then some about 10mb, but usually never more than that ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts