Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,064 Posts
"noobs".
the longest videos on youtube are much longer than 2 mere hours. Let me know if you need the links.

The very longest one is 10 HOURS LONG (556 minutes), followed by only 5 hours (330 minutes).

Rumours say there is one that is 458 hours long, though I very doubt it. Any videos this long likely are internal test vids destined only to test the very limits of the encoders created.

·
Registered Anime Hater
8,674 Posts
"noobs".
the longest videos on youtube are much longer than 2 mere hours. Let me know if you need the links.

The very longest one is 10 HOURS LONG (556 minutes), followed by only 5 hours (330 minutes).

Rumours say there is one that is 458 hours long, though I very doubt it. Any videos this long likely are internal test vids destined only to test the very limits of the encoders created.
Blame Phil :D

Anyway, so I just Googled "Longest YouTube video" and the "I'm feeling lucky" option landed me directly onto the 556 min video:

YouTube - Longest Video Ever On YouTube!

·
Super Moderator
13,064 Posts
The tricks are also known. Even today and without much if any tinkering, you can still make 3 FPS vids with the lowest audio bitrate, and reach such high limits. People naturally tend to hate slideshows, needless to precise.
Similar tricks were used in the past to exceed youtube's limits on the max quality (it was possible to reach 8 megabits in bitrate for short videos -such as anime OPs-, just over a year ago). Basically the reverse effect.

·
Heroes Might& Magic Champ
4,713 Posts
haha.... anyone notice the black man is the first to die in that Jurassic Park. That reminds me there is 'some' validity in black people always saying they are killed off first in movies from the 70-90s :rotflmao:

But now days its almost the reverse trend. People are so scare of political incorrectness. Particularily racially. You tend to see the black guy is one of the last to die, and is usually the character with the least character flaws.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
i have seen many links on random sites.....that gives links to watch movies on flash based players.......they are probably longer than jurasic park.....but heck how do they upload for so long

·
Site Owner
14,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Me niether. And by the way I meant Jurassic Park is the longest feature film on Youtube afaik. But that could change anyday now.

·
Super Moderator
13,064 Posts
The private encoders can encode much longer than that (essentially, they basically are not restricted. Those with official private ones just dont make any videos available that long. Makes more sense to at least chop them into parts - for the same reasons 'reviews' are generally split into multiple pages. cycling of ads.)

·
Site Owner
14,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The problem though is copyright infringements. When you post up a movie, you're leaving yourself open to litigation....

I think the person that uploaded got around copyright by posting the movie "in memory" of Micheal Crichton, who died on November 4th. So youtube let it slide...

To prove me point, Independence day Directors cut just got taken down, due to copyright infringement.

·
Super Moderator
13,064 Posts
Even pokemon clips get taken down, not just episodes.
These videos are tinkered with in a way that doesnt flag them by the google video hasher (their way to identify infringing videos compared to a list of 'not-to-be-allowed' vids), so individual takedown requests end up necessary to get those out. Thats where the likes of bayTSP intervene (human scouring and identification).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts