Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a Logitech Dual Action controller for use with ePSXe, and programmed all the buttons in the configuration settings. The analog sticks work fine, but while the analog sticks are working the d-pad doesn't. I'm using the Dual Shock settings in the controller config, and have already tried cycling through F5 settings multiple times. Any idea how I can get both the d-pad and the analog sticks to work at the same time?

·
Foundry/Foundation
11,824 Posts
does this gamepad have a mode button of sorts? I think that you should map the POV head to the digital buttons and the X-/X+/Y-/Y+ to the analog stick.

That way, cycling with F5 should switch X/Y with the analog stick and d-pad; when it's set on the analog stick the d-pad should still react with the POV mappings.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yes, the controller does have a mode button. But the way I have it mapped now, when I switch the mode button it either turns the d-pad on or the analog sticks on. Both can't be on at the same time.

Right now I have POV1_UP mapped to D-pad up, POV1_DOWN mapped to D-pad down, POV1_LEFT mapped to D-pad left, POV1_RIGHT mapped to D-pad right, J1_LY on the left stick Y-axis, J1_LX on the left stick X-axis, J1_LRZ on the right stick X-axis, and J1_LZ on the right stick Y-axis. All the other keys work just fine, just for some reason these are giving me problems.

Okay, it's working now. I just had to press F5 again, and everything's good now. Thanks!

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
on the dual action pad, when set to analogue mode, the Digital pad is assigned as a POV or 4 digital buttons.

you must configure the Controller screen while the analogue sticks are enabled

·
Snuff the rooster
87 Posts
Dude will this also work with the 360 wireless controller in say for instance,GT2?I can never ever use the dual sticks like I should be able to in game,only the dpad and **** works.I do notice tho a certain "Analog" thing when first loading up a game.its always not lit up,the lil icon that pops up.Any help is much obliged.

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
you won't get rumble and the trigger buttons will not work at the same time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.