Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
8,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know you may think it's fun or cute to include fictional places under "Location" in your user profiles, but it would be nice if you treated it seriously and put your real country in there. It's very useful information to the rest of us, especially on such a multicultural forum.

For example, if I see a user asking:
"please making epsxe work i try to run and get error what is wrong thx"

I need to know if I'm dealing with someone who doesn't know english or a moron. My response will vary depending on this. If the user has location set as "Midgar" then I'm going to default to the "idiot user" assumption.

Another example,
Many users just assume you know where they are, despite having Location set as "The Moon". Then they'll say something like, "We don't have that law here". Well, where is "here" fool??

In conclusion, fix your Location profile. I'm tired of guessing where you're all from. Henceforth, anyone who doesn't have a location set I shall assume is from Antarctica.

·
Registered Anime Hater
15,801 Posts
No one cares.

As stupid as it may sound to us, many people are reluctant to let their location be open to the world (yes it's stupid cuz no one's gonna stalk you amidst the millions of people in your country/state, but people are still hesitant).

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
I know you may think it's fun or cute to include fictional places under "Location" in your user profiles, but it would be nice if you treated it seriously and put your real country in there. It's very useful information to the rest of us, especially on such a multicultural forum.

For example, if I see a user asking:
"please making epsxe work i try to run and get error what is wrong thx"

I need to know if I'm dealing with someone who doesn't know english or a moron. My response will vary depending on this. If the user has location set as "Midgar" then I'm going to default to the "idiot user" assumption.

Another example,
Many users just assume you know where they are, despite having Location set as "The Moon". Then they'll say something like, "We don't have that law here". Well, where is "here" fool??

In conclusion, fix your Location profile. I'm tired of guessing where you're all from. Henceforth, anyone who doesn't have a location set I shall assume is from Mordor.
Fixed.

·
Level 9998
10,591 Posts
You can't get anyone under 16 years of age to set their location to anywhere in this dimension. It's illogical...

And you can't get anyone under 19 years of age to set their location to anywhere on Earth. It's silly...

Anyone older will just cough up their real locations because it's such a pain to think up locations that not even God can reach.

But... let's face it: you already know that if that next guy's location is not anywhere you can perceive, chances are his age is a fraction of yours, and you wouldn't bother anyway.

·
The Hunter
17,202 Posts
Determining a user's location is pretty easy; the harder the user is trying to write proper English sentences, the further they live from the US.

·
Registered Anime Hater
15,801 Posts
If you want a definite way to determine someone's location, then in some forums I've seen that a small flag pic of your country is displayed on the bottom-left corner of your every post....and you can't disable it in the CP.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
In conclusion, fix your Location profile. I'm tired of guessing where you're all from. Henceforth, anyone who doesn't have a location set I shall assume is from Antarctica.
good guess but no, and besides i like a good pun as my location.

·
Registered Anime Hater
15,801 Posts
Determining a user's location is pretty easy; the harder the user is trying to write proper English sentences, the further they live from the US.
lol according to your rule my English should be the worst on the entire forum since I live almost exactly on the opposite end of the globe from the US :p

·
Registered Anime Hater
15,801 Posts
Latitudinally it almost is. Anyway, close enough....do you really expect someone to be living in the middle of the Indian Ocean?....plus a little exaggeration is understandable :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,380 Posts
I was going to change my location Johto. why? because as i travel across the land, searching far and wide, teach Pokémon to understand, the power that’s inside! POKEMON!

lol according to your rule my English should be the worst on the entire forum since I live almost exactly on the opposite end of the globe from the US :p
i think cid is trying to say, that U.S. don't care about English because some other country invented it.

·
The Hunter
17,202 Posts
Aceloop's got it right gamefreak, people from the US are the most careless about their language while the rest of the world is trying as hard as they can to write decent english ;)

·
Finger of Doom
1,023 Posts
Then again, it could be a matter of preference. I could "rite liek a tne yr old" if I wanted to, but I don't think I could force myself to fall that low. Not yet.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.