1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
General of Tangerines
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Local Family Has Daughter Born Without a Face

By Jeannie Blaylock
First Coast News

JACKSONVILLE, FL -- When most parents have a baby, they spend months dreaming about what their bundle of joy will look like. Will she look like mom? Will he have dad's eyes? But for one local Navy family, the birth of their daughter didn't give them the answers to those questions. Their daughter was born without a face.
Damn. oO

I don't think surgery can repair this. I'm surprise she can see in the first place.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
That's......... so sad..... :(

I wonder if the doctors can already tell if there even is a change she will survive for a few years...

This reminds me of the thread about euthanasia for babies.

·
Premium Member
6,071 Posts
And I thought I was deformed badly. My legs were deformed when I was born, but the doctors put casts on my legs held together with a bar so my legs would grow strait.

·
Registered
949 Posts
They are so very strong to go through this facing all hardships that come. I hope they can get through this alright. This is much like the vet whose face was half gone...I wish them well.

S

·
0 Posts
Cid Highwind said:
That's......... so sad..... :(

I wonder if the doctors can already tell if there even is a change she will survive for a few years...

This reminds me of the thread about euthanasia for babies.
.. why ?

·
Emulation Junkie
828 Posts
That's horrible....

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
YAY! I live there!! Well just outside there. Yeah I saw it on the news earlier. Pretty sad...we also have a boy that can't go in sunlight for more than 5 min. or he will die from sun poisioning.

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
that's so horribly sad :(... poor girl, poor family... I'm glad that her parents don't give up on her... best wishes to them all...

·
Banned
177 Posts
hrm..putting emotions aside it wouldnt suprise me if they gave it up because logically i think its a option they are or have considered. There is a particular tribe in Alaska that if the baby has a bad defect its left in the cold to perish. Also if there is no hope for the child why let it live a life of suffering?

·
Retired
8,882 Posts
Really sad news. Just for the record, I’d be against killing the baby now – as Kaiser said, it’d be murder. But if there were a way to detect this during pregnancy, the parents should have the right to make an abortion.

And people can still look at me and say that the world is too perfect to have no creator… After seeing news like that, I would rather go to hell than spending my eternity in heaven with a creator that allows nasty things like this to happen.

Fortunately, I don’t believe that the universe is inherently evil. This is known as atheism ;)

·
Banned
177 Posts
Boltzmann said:
Really sad news. Just for the record, I’d be against killing the baby now – as Kaiser said, it’d be murder. But if there were a way to detect this during pregnancy, the parents should have the right to make an abortion.

And people can still look at me and say that the world is too perfect to have no creator… After seeing news like that, I would rather go to hell than spending my eternity in heaven with a creator that allows nasty things like this to happen.

Fortunately, I don’t believe that the universe is inherently evil. This is known as atheism ;)

Agreed.

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
Boltzmann said:

Amen ;)

·
Banned
177 Posts
#@# you boltz.. j/k lol im trying to be a good christian and you spring up all these logical mishaps about religion and i get conphuzed.. h0kd 0n f0nks wok fur mi. :lol:

·
~ Lord of Darkness ~
15,407 Posts
Go easy on him... in spite of his great knowledge on science and his remarkable intelligence he still has issues when it comes to basic stuff such as keeping his mouth shout in order to spare the rest of us of his personal bias toward religion or any other kind of religiuous belief... interestingly enough these girl's parents haven't lost their faith regardless their grim fate...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts