Next Generation Emulation banner

Loads of Graphics Problems

2K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  cooliscool 
#1 ·
:( this is my first time emulating 64.. But I have been having ALOT of problems. (mainly with just Ocarina Of time ) The Only plugin i can get it to work with Properly Is Direct64 v0.5 . Any OpenGL Tends to crash Even though i select the right code. I can Get Direct64 To Work Windowed But When I Enter Into Full Screen It Does Nothing But Repeatedly flash. :( I can Get it to work with Jabo's D3d7 1.40 But it looks like this ingame

#2 ·
Hm what version video card drivers are you using?

#6 ·
when I played Ocarina of time, I used glide/glide emulator :O, and it worked great. It was sometime ago though, but since the game ran flawlessy without any problems what so ever this might still be worth a shot.

#8 ·
The problem isn't drivers - it's the graphics plugin. Download the latest PJ64 which includes Jabo's latest DX6 plugin, 1.5.1.

I personally use gln64 with OoT, because full screen works perfectly and some graphics issues with OoT aren't present with it as they are with Jabo's D3D.

You don't need a 3DFX card to use Glide64, you could use a wrapper such as Hacktarux's, with basically no quality loss. There will be less speed though, but with your specs it would be fine.

#9 ·
alright this is Really weird. i just tried it with 1964. (both OoT and Master Quest.) I didnt get that problem. but now the Pause Menu Is all Screwed up. It freezes when i hit enter and takes a couple mins to load the menu. This is the only game im having problems with on any emulator. everything else works fine :(

#10 ·
you need to get and enable the subscreen delay fix cheat to get rid of that start screen problem.

#12 ·
First off let me state that the glide plugin can be used with any card provided you get a glide wrapper, usually bundled with the plugin. Secondly let me say that with your specs a whole variety of plugins including rice's and jabo's and dandleus and tr should all work for you, each presenting there different bugs, but one should provide flawless effects. I suggest getting the newest plugins like everyone above has said, update drivers, and if it still dosen't work you may have a corrupted directx so reinstall it. Make sure you install the newest 9.0c to eliminate any further bugs.

#13 ·
O.T. - Raiden, can you post a shot of CPU-Z on your CPU? :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.