Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey I have made a site compiled of Final Fantasy 7, 8 and 9 Memory card saves. I have converted them all into ePSXe save file format. If you need help using them please email me or leave a message.

There are 2 FF9 FAQs currently on the site, check these first before you go around posting on the Forums ....

----------------------------------------------------

http://www.finalfantasysaves.cjb.net

----------------------------------------------------

I still need ALOT more so send yours in to [email protected]

Latest Updates .....

-------------------------
UPDATE 05-01-02
Another updated FAQ relesed, i think most problems are covered now.

I have also released a complete ZIP file (requested) of all the mem card files.

UPDATE 04-01-02
A few notes.

FAQ will be updated as soon as I can get it updated.

Ill ry to add more saves soon, if not try GameFaqs.com, you will have to convert them as they are in DexDrive format. If you can or need help Email me.

·
Registered
9,992 Posts
One minor problem. Pal is too general. IIRC a UK Pal memory card won't work on the German PAL version etc...

BTW Where did you get those cards from. I only ask because I posted a bunch of UK FF9 saves on the boards earilier and am wondering if they are mine ;)

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Nice idea, Zidanee ;)

I've got a few more things for the FAQ...

Q: My game freezes going into Cleyra!
A: This is caused by using savestates. Save your game with a moogle, exit, and load the game via the "continue" option at the main menu.

Q: Instead of an MDEC, all I see is a black screen!
A: Enable MDECs and MDEC timing with ePSXeCutor.

Q: I have a PAL version of FFIX and it won't work! What gives?
A: You need a PAL patch to play the game. Download one from www.aldostools.com.

Q: I have a Kalisto version of FFIX but it won't work.
A: You're SOL, pal, sorry. ePSXe doesn't like the Kalisto rip. That's what you get for trying to steal the game ;)

Q: Going into a battle, it gets really slow!
A: This is because of the "battle transition" effect. If your comp is too slow to run it, disable it by setting "Framebuffer Textures" to 1 in Pete's GPUs (not sure how to do it in Lewpy's).

Q: How do I get the battle transitions to work? (Pete's GPU)
A: There are two options. a) Enable "Full VRam Primitives" and set "Framebuffer Textures" to 0. b) Set "Framebuffer Textures" to 2 - "Full VRam Primitives" can be disabled. Option a is slow on older computers, but is basically 100% reliable. Option b is faster and more efficient, but doesn't work all the time.

Q: The sound is really stuttery in MDECs.
A: Make sure "SPU IRQ" is enabled in the SPU ONLY and disabled in the ePSXe sound config options.

Q: I get all sorts of funky lines/texture blackouts on my screen.
A: This is a problem with newer Detonator drivers and Anti-Aliasing. Download some older drivers or disable AA.

That's all I can think of at the moment... I really encourage one of the admins to sticky this.

·
I'm in despair!
3,443 Posts
Originally posted by Asfaloth
Q: Going into a battle, it gets really slow!
A: This is because of the "battle transition" effect. If your comp is too slow to run it, disable it by setting "Framebuffer Textures" to 1 in Pete's GPUs (not sure how to do it in Lewpy's).

Q: How do I get the battle transitions to work? (Pete's GPU)
A: There are two options. a) Enable "Full VRam Primitives" and set "Framebuffer Textures" to 0. b) Set "Framebuffer Textures" to 2 - "Full VRam Primitives" can be disabled. Option a is slow on older computers, but is basically 100% reliable. Option b is faster and more efficient, but doesn't work all the time.
To enable battle transitions in Lewpy's Plugin:

- Set "FrameBuffer Access" to "Read/Write"

or

- Set "Offscreen Drawing" to "Extra+FBR"

[]s Badaro

·
Registered
9,992 Posts
Sorry just checking :emb:.

Anyways I thought of slight problem. Memory cards use up the same amount of space (ie 128K no matter if there is 1 save file or 15 on the card. Rather than have all you downloads in individual unzipped files group and zip them

eg I have zipped (not grouped) your memory cards from a size of 2.5mb to 64K :eek: You may get even smaller file sizes if grouped

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.