Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was playing The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons on the Vbagx for Wii and tried to load my save data to Vba for PC and it says "Unsupported Visual boy save game." How do I load my Vbagx save data to Vba?

All i know is that it's a .sgm file.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,629 Posts
.sgm files are save states and usually unique to each emulator or emulator version and thus won't be transferable.
By using the normal ingame way of saving as you would on an actual GBA a .sav file should be created though and that would be transferable. (And one would load it by loading the game and then selecting the continue option at the main menu as one would on a normal GBA).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, there is a .sav file as well but, I am unable to open as it only lets me select a .sgm file. So, how can i open the .sav file on Vba?

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,629 Posts
....that was the bit in brackets
I don't know how else to say it.

·
Hopeless Optimist
3,089 Posts
Put the .sav into your designated battery folder. VBA will autodetect it if its filename matches the ROM's, eg. ZeldaOoS.gba and ZeldaOoS.sav.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,629 Posts
O yes, forgot about that...thought it should be self-explanatory that those things have to match. And generally .sav just needs to be in the same location as the .gba.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry to open this thread once again

but i have the same problem here, i have tried for 2 hours to get this to work. I want to start my vba gx-save on vba on pc and the reason is i want to trade a pokemon.

It doesn't work with the .gba and the .sav in a folder, don't know why and in a tutorial-clip on yt it was explained i should remove Pokemon - ...rope) "Auto.sav" and type in ".sa1" instead at the end, and that don't work either..

Any advice? :( I just want a fire pokemon for the battle with May before the bicykle-city in Emerald... Nothing works :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts