Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, new here. I don't intend to be a drop off for one or two posts to ask for a solution to a problem. I hope to stay for longer because I am developing a passion for emulators as of late.

Anyway, recently I found the Dolphin GC emu and have the plugins set up and ready (for now) and I need to make an .ISO of my GC games. I wanted to make an iso of The REmake. (Resident Evil remake) and when I load the disc to the computer it does not register as having a disc in the drive. I have an NEC ND-3550a RW drive and have had a look for firewire updates but to no avail, and rather messing about with the drivers I was wondering if any of you know any good disc drives that work well with mini discs especially for the GC (obviously). I have DVD Decrypter as my image making software.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Well, only certain types of DVD Drives are able to read GC Games :(

If you happen to have such a compatible DVD drive, just put the game in it, then you'll need to use a specific dump software (you can easily find it on google) that will dump the raw data out of the disc and create an ISO image of it. I know there's some cheap LG drives able to read them, some others probably...

And there's also the old PSO hack that let you dump games trough the LAN port of the console.. but.. well :D

Hope this help :thumb:

·
Registered
408 Posts
Yeah, u need some kinda program RawDump or something like that, it takes 3 hours to make a copy i think, but thats if you have a DVD Drive compatible.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I had noticed the dump option, but didn't understand it.

I'll be sure to make a dump when my DVD drive's fully loaded ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts