Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i click 'run game' i get the screen turns black as if its about to load, and then returns to the desktop.
The error message reads:

Error running game:
* Error loading [plugins/NULL]

I'm not really sure what the problem is. If someone could give me some specific advice on how to fix this, I'd really appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
delete all the plugins that you dont need. did you download ePSXe as part of a pack or did you get plugins in a pack? ePSXe has problems sometimes when you put a lot of plugins in the folder...

what are your computer specs? we'll recommend some plugins for you to use.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm really not very computer savvy, so I'm not sure about the specs. It's a very new pc, running on windows xp. I'm not sure if I have a memory card, or if so what kind. Is it necessary to have one?

Also I downloaded the plugins separately. If there is a good set of plugins that would work with such a generic computer description, that would be very helpful.

·
From Love and Limerence
6,584 Posts
Click start, and then right click my computer and select properties. Your processor type and speed and amount of memory will be listed there. Right click on the desktop and select properties. Choose the last tab in the window that comes up (settings) and your video card will be listed there (suxh as whatever monitor on whatever video card).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's a pentium M processor with an ATI MOBILTIY RADEON X600 graphics card. The processor is 2.00 GHz with 1.00 GB of RAM.

If this could help you suggest specific plugins, that would be really helpful.

Also, is the error that I mentioned above a graphics plugin error, or a generic plugin error that could be something else?

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
well, the error doesnt seem familiar.

i'd suggest pete's OGL2 for video, Eternal 1.41 for sound, and since you're on a laptop i'd suggest playing off an ISO, but if you must play off CD, use peops

·
Premium Member
6,403 Posts
I've tried messing around with ePSXe and I can't seem to reproduce the exact error message. The closest I can get to it is for it to say "Error loading [plugins/insertpluginname.dll]" but not NULL. I've tried things like moving the plugins folder out of the ePSXe folder before and after opening the program, moving individual plugins out, selecting then clearing a plugin in the config windows, opening ePSXe with -nogui and the above methods, and nothing produces the same thing oO.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for the help. I'm not really sure what the problem actually was, but i just kept toggling a bunch of the features and different plugins until it worked. The ones hushypuppy suggested seemed to work best.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.