Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I downloaded the emulator simply for the sake of playing my disks on the computer. I have downloaded all of the required plugins, mostly from this site, and the emulator has worked all the way until the browser. Well, technically it still works, but it just never reads the disk, or even attempts to. I thought the CDVDnull was supposed to skip the initial loading sequence, but it always goes through it and never reads a CD. Here is a list of my Config:

Graphics: GSsoft Plugin 0.9
First Controller: PADwinKeyb Driver 0.9
Cdvdrom: CDVDnull Driver 0.6
Usb: USBnull Driver 0.4
Sound: P.E.Op.S. SPU2 DSound Driver 1.2
Second Controller: PADwinKeyb Driver 0.9
Dev9: DEV9null Driver 0.3
Firewire: FWnull Driver 0.4
Bios: USA v01.60(07/02/2002) Console

Oh, I should also mention that with the P.E.Op.S. CDVD 1.2, the emulator crashes as soon as I click "Run CD". Does anyone know how to fix this, so that it runs the game? Thanks.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Firstly, that should not be the intention of getting the emulator. It still a long distance away from being developed. You're wasting your time. CDVDnull was to not load a disc as all. ie. load the bios. Think P.E.Op.S. CDVD 1.2 is the only option. Or you could try making an image and use the CDVDiso or CDVDbin plugins.

·
PCSX2 Coder
10,122 Posts
Aaru_bui speaks the truth im afraid, Peops is your only option unless you make a dvd image on your drive, if not, make sure you have Peops configured correctly, it could be its trying to do something your system doesnt like, so check what drive it is configured to, turn off caching and read ahead.

Its more than likely PCSX2 will not play the games you are intending to play, altho you might be very lucky. If you really want to play them, you are best playing them on your ps2

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh, alright. I thought the list of games it could play was for playing games straight off the harddrive. Ah well, thank you for the info. I was wanted to mess around with some emulator-only features like save-states and such. Thanks again, I'll just leave the PS2 games to PS2 for the moment.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.