Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I accidentally hit F1 during the scene in FFIX where Garnet comes out of the bag Steiner was carrying, and when I try to load the save state, the game gets stuck at that very scene. And I haven't saved to a memcard since I was in Dali (stupid of me, I know). ^^;

Is there any way around this, or would I have to play all the way from Dali again? ._.

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
yeah, you're screwed :(

you've got to either be more careful with what button you press, save on memory cards more, or both.

in fact, ALWAYS save on memorycards first, save states second. save states are more unreliable and what you are describing is a perfect example.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah, I see.

Save states help me a lot, though. My computer doesn't seem to like emulators and crashes/reboots a lot, so save states are a big help. But I suppose using a memcard would be better in a case like this, lol. x_X

But thanks for the advice. :)

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
just use both of em. i used to save on memory cards every chance i'd get but i'd use save states right before a boss fight or a tough part or just when i stopped playing.

remember that pressing F2 cycles through teh slots, you have 5 slots so use em wisely ;)

·
Wind, Life, Eternity
1,331 Posts
You should use different savestate slots to save too, instead of just overwriting the same one over and over.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts