Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
InnarX
2,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, hello all. As you can tell, I have a small problem...concerning PSX emulation..period.

I have a Lite-On CD-RW/DVD Combo drive, and it is being an butthole. I recently posted concerning this, http://www.ngemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56291, but I think i'll have better luck being a little more direct.

As the post says, I am having problems with movies in PSX games on emulation. Doesn't matter which plugins, setup or emu I use...the videos run bad.

Is there anything to do to help this? Thanks appreciated. :D

r2rX :p

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
what plugin are you using? try using Peops and the IOCTL or RAW reading modes, you can also customize a lot of other options

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
Try installing the latest ForceASPI. It's a common problem. :p

·
InnarX
2,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ForceASPI? From where....i'll see what to do....link if possible, but i'll check via Yahoo!/Google or something.

Any more info will help.

r2rX :)

·
I♥☣
208 Posts
I have the same type of Lite-on drive, and the same type of problem. But there is one type of settings that solved that problem. Try it, it might help.

Only PEOpS CDR driver 1.4 works with most of the games normally. Take a glimpse to the attached picture. There are three things you must pay a special attention to:

Cashing mode MUST be as it is in the picture,
PPF patches MUST be checked (don't ask why, it just works much better on my machine when this checkbox is checked even though no PPF file is in use)
Subchannel reading (don't ask why).

"Don't wait until drive is ready" might or might not be checked (it depends on the game),
"Try to limit speed" rearly helps, but you can try though.

If you make everything correctly, while playing the game the disk should start spinnig very fastly and making very much noise (especially in FMVs). The noise you hear is the only indicator you will play the game without glitches. But it's a pitty that some games still do not act like that.

·
InnarX
2,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the pic/input....well, this is better than nothing, but still...why does this happen? I will try out the settings/plugin version from the pic and give feedback. Is there anything Pete and gang can do for those with problems like this? I think this sucks....

r2rX :(

·
I♥☣
208 Posts
why does this happen?
The only reason I could give would be your CDR drive spins too slowly... Incredible, but that must be truth. Reading from a hard drive is 10 times faster than from a CD Rom, so you should NOT have any problems running any PSone game from your CD Rom image stored in your hard drive. If you do, it means the video settings you chose are too tough for your PC - in this case you will get the exactly same glitches as those caused by CD Rom drive. So first of all, I would suggest you making ISOs of your games, and in case they run normally, trying to fix the CD Rom problem.

·
InnarX
2,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1.) I tried the setting from the pic....didn't work.

2.) It is the Lite-On drive..obviously. It spins to fast/slow....whatever.

3.) My settings are perfect, cause everything was running full speed with my NuTech drive.

I guess i'll run from ISO's for now...but, it will get very annoying that any time I wanna play a PSX game, I need to ISO it first...I really wish there was something to do. Will it help if I email Lite-On?

·
I♥☣
208 Posts
1) Try changing them according to my instructions. Make some experiments.
2) What games are you trying to play?

Edit:
3) Oh my God! Just check the "don't wait until drive is ready"! All my troubles dissapeared as I checked "don't wait until drive is ready"! Try and tell if it helps. How could I be so stupid?..

·
InnarX
2,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I tried checking 'don't wait until drive is ready', but it doesn't work. But I tried this on its own...I will try in combination with your previous settings and let you know.

Concerning 1.), I have experimented...nothing. Concerning 2.), it happens to all games.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts