Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Simply submit a post if you have found a game that works better or is working for the first time(perfect or not) in Bleem1.6

Be sure to tell whether the game works in beta_A or beta_B.

I posted some
pictures of Spiderman running in Bleem1.6B. The game runs perfectly at a good speed except when there is in game speech a short pause occurs while the CDrom is accessed. Perhaps an ISO would fix that, but it might also cause the game to run too fast. Its not too surprising that this game works since it uses the same engine as Tony Hawk. Hopefully this means that Spiderman 2, which uses a slightly enhanced version of the same engine, will also work when it is released in about a month

I tried out GT2 on Bleem1.6A and played a race or two, but there were long pauses when I was navigating the menus which was frustrating(again, maybe an ISO would help) and there were even short pauses during the race. I think the pauses during the race may be due to the music which was turned on.

·
Registered
416 Posts
iso won't help anything because bleem's cdrom reading is just bad. i tried playing a game with and without iso, the same loading, pause loading...

·
old-timer
1,330 Posts
is there anypoint in trying out 1.6a. I know that before it helped to keep 1.4 around, but that was before. How about now?

·
War Games coder
1,926 Posts
With Bleem! it's ALWAYS a good idea to hold on to every version

·
Old Geezer
148 Posts
Yep. Tony Hawk gameplay. Sound runs well (BGM is good), and the game is fast. Menus are not refreshed properly, but at least it runs well when you're playing the game.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by andré
is there anypoint in trying out 1.6a. I know that before it helped to keep 1.4 around, but that was before. How about now?
Isn't bleem 1.6A the version you use to play GranTurismo2? I'm pretty sure they suggested GT2 for 1.6A and Tony Hawk for 1.6B.
Anyway I tried GT2 on 1.6A and it worked, but had long pauses here and there. Maybe it woks better in 1.6B. I'll try it later.

·
old-timer
1,330 Posts
hmm. haven't heard that one. i still have to try out the new versions. haven't had the time, and can't say that i'm complaining. it feels good to not have the time again.

·
old-timer
1,330 Posts
i tried out the 2 versions with GT2. 1.6b wouldn't load GT2, while 1.6a would. I guess you were right. The menu music plays incredibly fast, but the game runs really smooth. Smoother than epsxe i believe. There was no slowdown whatsoever in the background music, or gameplay at any time. Did my versions download incorrectly, or did they not update the splash screen and some menus from v. 1.5b?

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by andré
i tried out the 2 versions with GT2. 1.6b wouldn't load GT2, while 1.6a would. I guess you were right. The menu music plays incredibly fast, but the game runs really smooth. Smoother than epsxe i believe. There was no slowdown whatsoever in the background music, or gameplay at any time. Did my versions download incorrectly, or did they not update the splash screen and some menus from v. 1.5b?
Well I haven't tried messing with the settings yet. I just got the feeling that it was the music which gave me short pauses during a race.
Yeah I guess they didn't bother changing the appearance. It even still says Bleem! 1.5b in the title bar.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
i dont experience pauses for GT2 either.
only the menu music is too fast. btw, epsxe is too slow, vgs is just right :)

otherwise, it's great. I know people will start shooting at me when i say this, but bleem actually runs GT2 better than epsxe. well at least for my machine (see profile).

i ran GT2 at 1024x768 with all the graphic options except sprite filtering. totally smooth. cant see any frame dropping, even for rally.
with similar configs, epsxe would slow down when too much stuff is displaying. especially in rallys (maybe because of the dust?).

also noticable is at the end of race, when the race result is displayed (translucent) in front of the screen, while the computer keeps the cars running. epsxe would drop 10 or so fps. bleem drops none.

that said, bleem has a few graphic glitches worth noting. all the numbers and letters are misaligned and overlapping a little. it's kinda funny looking and sometimes makes it hard to read. for the 3d, some cracks do appear a la GT1.

but i'd definitely prefer those graphic glitches than the missing frames. afterall it's a racing game we're talking about.

S

·
0 Posts
I tried Gran Turismo 2 (both the pal and ntsc versions) and the NTSC version works really good, with music and everything (allthough the menu-music is screwed up and it seems you gotta skip the opening mdec). The pal version works less good, bleem never liked pal anyways (it frameskips, it seems bleem forced the pal version at ntsc speed , causing weird frameskip because of the missing frames (gt2 pal runs at 25 fps, but seems forced at 30, causing a weird 5fps skip every second, this translates into choppy gameplay)....but the NTSC one ran very smooth, solid framerate (no speedups or slowdowns). The same goes for GT1, and it seems also for Tony Hawks. oh yeah, with both gran turismo games make sure you disable the frameskip.

As for most other games: The most important problem, the speed issue, is still there...many games are playable but you have to choose between too fast, too slow or choppyness (with frameskip enabled) and that makes it an annoying experience

gt2 worked good here in epsxe, but in order to let it run smooth I had to enable PC fps calculation. This makes the game run great but the music speeds up/slows down

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
correction about the glitches.
the misaligned characters is caused by texel alignment. disable it and the problem's gone :emb:

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
i'm talking about the numbers and letters in GT2. for example the times of all cars at the end of a race.
if texel alignment is enabled, they get _misaligned_ :D

i can make screen shots if you want...

·
Old Geezer
148 Posts
texel alignment fixes in bleem were designed to correct texel alignment errors in directx 6.0 (that was the time bleem was made). Directx 6.1 solved that problem so there is no need to check the alignment fix.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts