Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,767 Posts
Makes me want to recompile my FC3 kernel to add that random crashing code + pretty bsod's! :p

·
Registered
91 Posts
Second, when the X Window System crashes, the whole Linux system becomes unusable because the user can't go to the command line. This will force the user to press the computer's Reset button, thus giving him the same feel as in Windows.
I like it already!

·
Retired
8,882 Posts
:rotflmao: :lol: :rotflmao: That's very funny, even though I would never let go of Windows XP :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
In other Linux distributions, it's easy to accidentally overwrite or delete an important file, without the chance to undo the changes. In Linux XP's new graphical file manager the risk of doing this unfortunate mistake is smaller. For example, when the user deletes a file, Linux XP will show a dialog asking: "Do you really want to delete this file?" If the user clicks OK, another dialog says: "If you delete this file, it will be removed from your system. Proceed?" If the user clicks OK, another dialog informs: "If you remove this file, you won't be able to view or execute it anymore. Are you sure?" If the user still clicks OK, another dialog says: "Removing this file may affect other files on your system. Do you want to continue?" If the user clicks OK again, a dialog asks: "Are you sure you want to delete this file?" If the user clicks OK, the file manager will move the file to Trash and Tuxedo pops up telling the user that he's removed the file and he won't be able to view or execute it again, unless he wants to restore it from Trash.

I'm sure when it asks you the fourth time, you would say 'no'

1 - 9 of 9 Posts