Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, first of all I want to said that since Im using Linux for a years, I dont have any idea if Linux could have more than one partition like windows (well in my computer we can see Local disk C:, Local disk D: and more). Anyway after I saw this shot, I start to believe Linux can do that so (Foolish Linux User I amoO ).
Just want to ask of how to make multiple partition in Linux since I just experience multiple partition in windows by now.

· Premium Member
2,776 Posts
Managing partitions in Linux is easy, just use the command "cfdisk" in the terminal window. It's just the same as "fdisk", but with a better interface. Btw, what are you going to do with your partitions in Linux? I have one for "/", one for "/home" and one for Swap.

· Registered
10,427 Posts
you can pretty much have a dedicated partition to any folder you want....includung (but not limited to) /home, /root, /boot, and /swap

pretty simple really...just edit fstab for it to mount automatically at startup, or manually mount it using 'mount'

· Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Zephon said:
Managing partitions in Linux is easy, just use the command "cfdisk" in the terminal window. It's just the same as "fdisk", but with a better interface. Btw, what are you going to do with your partitions in Linux? I have one for "/", one for "/home" and one for Swap.
Usually, I installled Linux with just "/" partition. If I could have more partition, it better to save file since my hdd is 80gb.
you can pretty much have a dedicated partition to any folder you want....includung (but not limited to) /home, /root, /boot, and /swap

pretty simple really...just edit fstab for it to mount automatically at startup, or manually mount it using 'mount'
Well I guess certain distro automatically edit fstab so it doesnt bother my time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.