Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems the linux version wont see libpadwin.so as a loadable plugin yet all the other plugins seem to show up. Perhaps just somthing wierd with detection on 0.8.1 linux version.

pcsx2 default plugins out of the zip file

·
Registered
669 Posts
yeah I have the same problem. I tried downloading the source and recompiling it but it still wouldn't work. I'm using Fedora Core 3 with all the latest updates.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same problems here...

Yes, I've been having the same problems here to.

SuSE Linux 9.3 Pro

When running in a shell I get this error...

/home/$HOME/games/pcsx2/Plugins/libUSBnull.so: undefined symbol: LoadConfig
/home/$HOME/games/pcsx2/Plugins/libPADwin.so: undefined symbol: _PADclose
/home/$HOME/games/pcsx2/Plugins/libUSBnull.so: undefined symbol: LoadConfig
/home/$HOME/games/pcsx2/Plugins/libPADwin.so: undefined symbol: _PADclose

both the libUSBnull.so, and libPADwin.so do not work, or show up on the configuration screen. I've look threw the code, and everything seems in order, I think it's something to do on the emulators side, but the source code only comes in *.7z format, and I'm having a tough time getting it to decompress correctly.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
7z

for linux you gotta download a 7z extractor, in windows the newest winrar will extract it.
I still to this day dont see the point in using some wierd compression file type. Thers plenty of good standard ones like zip, rar, tar, gzip.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hello there,

linuzappz solved the problem a while ago and sent me the correct version (in a thread in PCSX2 main forum) and src codes. Though this is not the one linuzappz sent me (because i was playing with GUI) it works fine i think. just rename it to PAD.tar.gz and copy pixmaps directory to PCSX2 main directory and/or your home directory.

i hope it helped

Ammsa

PS. found that thread http://www.ngemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62304 you can find the original one there. But give this a try see if GUI is better (tried to make it look like the windows version ;) )

1 - 5 of 5 Posts