Next Generation Emulation banner
681 - 700 of 1,036 Posts
What you mean? Aren't 3D AA applied by your GPU?
The color saturation you're talking is The natural Vision one?
I don't believe they are with Pete'sOpenGL2 plug-in unless something has changed significantly in the past 4 years or so. That's why I'm using ReShade to inject SMAA.

As far as colour saturation, yes the saturation in Natural Vision shader is what I am talking about. No simulated HDR or anything like that just simple saturation controllable values.

I don't believe they are with Pete'sOpenGL2 plug-in unless something has changed significantly in the past 4 years or so. That's why I'm using ReShade to inject SMAA.

As far as colour saturation, yes the saturation in Natural Vision shader is what I am talking about. No simulated HDR or anything like that just simple saturation controllable values.
I don't know how to add AA to the 3D models. Though I've managed to add the natural colors. Get it attached.

Attachments

Hyllian, is there any way you can add some scale-able 3D AA and some colour saturation controls to this shader? I really like the way this shader looks but but I also like a little anti-aliasing on the 3D models.

As it stands now I'm using ReShade to do some SMAA anti-aliasing and tweak the colour a bit. I would prefer not having to use ReShade unless I have to. Nothing wrong with ReShade but I prefer to keep things simple.
Perhaps it's possible to add AA 4.0 to this shader, maybe Guest can help?

I don't know how to add AA to the 3D models. Though I've managed to add the natural colors. Get it attached.
I believe guest.r might be able to help with adding AA to the 3D models although it probably will introduce a AA/blur effect to everything like SMAA does anyway. The AA/blur effect doesn't have to be significant because most of the aliasing I have seen in most PS games is rather fine detailed and nothing overwhelming. But when you are playing on a 1080p monitor and sitting only inches away it's rather evident.

P.S. Monater suggested guest.r just as I was finishing this :) .

Do you have a shader for that system working so that I can look and ser if it's only glsl? (I port shaders only for systems that have its shaders specs available or if they have other working shaders so that I can figure out how they work.
This are the shader files.
https://mega.nz/#!3B1DxRTA!csc9TofSVwNghzBSjexOcrK_LHex5l0SEsvwfNyGvZ8
And thank you again for taking the time.

Do you have Steam? For some reasons it's a pain for me to post here.:( I also could gift you the game there.

:eek:I messed up my name here. It should be Kaldarasha. :oops:

Is there a working link to "ShadX's Natural Vision Shader (Modded by SimoneT)"? Having a hard time tracking it down.

I really want to use this one and make Final Fantasy VIII not look like crap.

You read that in Rick's stuttering voice.

Is this it? I got it from this topic.
I'm not sure, actually. I came across that topic slightly earlier, but the guy himself who uploaded said he wasn't sure:

Not too sure on it. The one i use i have never had an issue with. I always just play with it at max. I think it is the same one too that was on the original download list we had here on the forums before the links broke.
I see there's a natural file in there after extracting, but is it supposed to say only that or should it say NaturalVision in the name?

Either way, thank you for trying to help. I just want to make sure I get the right thing at the latest possible version. I will still try this one out and see how it looks for me.

Thats the file. I just named it natural. It has about 18k downloads. It is the one you are looking for.

I ported that natural shader to Retroarch specs. It's possible to use it with Mednafen, for example. I don't like the blur it applies to the image, so I took off the code responsible for it. The RA's port changes only the colors and let the pixel geometry intact for other shaders to be applied.

im surprised between you hyllian and guesr.r that you two didn't come up with a replacement plugin for what everyone uses now. Since it hasn't been updated officially in years. You two really know your shaders and how to make them. I wish we had a new plugin that could use all these great shaders to that was open source. It really confuses me why no one has done this. Petes doesnt work on linux anymore and its only a matter of time until windows may not work.Well just wanted to put that out there keep up the good work.

Uploaded the new version of the PsxFX suite for testing, below. If any here are interested in trying it out.

Many new effects have been added since the old 1.3 version, and mostly everything else has also been completely rewritten since then. Some AA methods have been removed for now, due to people having to alter the vs to use them, and the fact their usage was basically redundant with other effects/filters.

Each effect has plenty of options for customization, etc. If you're not happy with the defaults, go nuts and experiment.

I've had a few requests for particular effects that I haven't added yet, as I'd like to get some testing done on the current ones first.

They're currently tested on a GTX 970 using Pete's OGL2, bladeSoft, Synthclipse, and AMD Shader Analyzer

Current effects are;

[antialiasing]
  • Bilateral FXAA
  • NFAA
  • SSAA
[filtering]
  • Bilinear F
  • Bicubic F
  • Gaussian F
  • Bilateral F
  • Bicubic Scaling
  • Lanczos Scaling
[Li & col]
  • Phong Shading
  • Blended Bloom
  • Scene Tonemapping
  • Color Correction
  • Cross Processing
  • Gamma Correction
  • Pixel Vibrance
  • Color Grading
  • Bicubic Texture Unsharp Mask
  • Local Contrast 4-P Curve
  • Px Cel Shading
  • Cel Paint Shading
[TV & Util]
  • Lotte's CRT
  • Scanlines (X|Y|XY)
  • Vignette
  • Debanding
  • SP Dithering
  • Px Bordering

People are welcome to share, modify, etc. Feedback is appreciated. Especially optimization-related feedback.

Attachment below, hf & enjoy ^-^

Update: check out this post for updates: http://ngemu.com/threads/links-and-...tes-opengl2-plugin.76098/page-36#post-2480169

Attachments

Uploaded the new version of the PsxFX suite for testing, below. If any here are interested in trying it out.

Many new effects have been added since the old 1.3 version, and mostly everything else has also been completely rewritten since then. Some AA methods have been removed for now, due to people having to alter the vs to use them, and the fact their usage was basically redundant with other effects/filters.

Each effect has plenty of options for customization, etc. If you're not happy with the defaults, go nuts and experiment.

I've had a few requests for particular effects that I haven't added yet, as I'd like to get some testing done on the current ones first.

They're currently tested on a GTX 970 using Pete's OGL2, bladeSoft, Synthclipse, and AMD Shader Analyzer

Current effects are;

[antialiasing]
  • Bilateral FXAA
  • NFAA
  • SSAA
[filtering]
  • Bilinear F
  • Bicubic F
  • Gaussian F
  • Bilateral F
  • Bicubic Scaling
  • Lanczos Scaling
[Li & col]
  • Phong Shading
  • Blended Bloom
  • Scene Tonemapping
  • Color Correction
  • Cross Processing
  • Gamma Correction
  • Pixel Vibrance
  • Color Grading
  • Px Cel Shading
  • Cel Paint Shading
[TV & Util]
  • Lotte's CRT
  • Scanlines (X|Y|XY)
  • Vignette
  • Debanding
  • SP Dithering
  • Px Bordering

People are welcome to share, modify, etc. Feedback is appreciated. Especially optimization-related feedback.

Thanks for updating your suite Asmodean778. Will be messing with it this weekend off and on. Also thanks for posting it on NGemu as well as continuing to work on PlayStation 1 shaders.

Asmodean778, I just did a really quick test and everything seems to be working just fine. No more freezes on R7 AMD cards when using some features. I do have one request though.
Would it be possible to integrate Hyllian's "xbr-lv2-3d" shader into your suite ( http://ngemu.com/attachments/xbr-lv2-3d-zip.180993/ ) ? He/she introduced it in this thread just a page or two previously. It does an excellent job of cleaning up/selectively blurring 2D elements and text without effecting 3D models too much if at all. It is a whole lot more resource friendly than tapeq's "xBRZ texture scaler" and is almost as good. This way it would be possible to still use the higher resolution options of of tapeq's "PeteOpenGL2Tweak" and still get really nice text and 2D backgrounds in games like FFIX. I love the versatility of your shader suite and this would make all the more versatile. I could also stop using ReShade for SMAA and a few other options it offers with PlayStation 1 emulation.

Current effects are;

[antialiasing]
  • Bilateral FXAA
  • NFAA
  • SSAA
[filtering]
  • Bilinear F
  • Bicubic F
  • Gaussian F
  • Bilateral F
  • Bicubic Scaling
  • Lanczos Scaling
[Li & col]
  • Phong Shading
  • Blended Bloom
  • Scene Tonemapping
  • Color Correction
  • Cross Processing
  • Gamma Correction
  • Pixel Vibrance
  • Color Grading
  • Px Cel Shading
  • Cel Paint Shading
[TV & Util]
  • Lotte's CRT
  • Scanlines (X|Y|XY)
  • Vignette
  • Debanding
  • SP Dithering
  • Px Bordering

Will those 2D AA methods be back? Anyway could you add xBR? There are no 2D filters currently among those shaders.

I guess I presumed too much. Given the new OGL2 Tweak plugin has xBRZ.
I don't know if I am understanding you correctly. Did you mean that you thought that you didn't have to add any heavy 2D filtering since PeteOpenGL2 Tweak has an xBRZ texture scaler? The xBRZ scaler is great but it can be a real beast with games that use framebuffer effects. If you want to use the xBRZ scaler at a strength of 3 or above, in most cases you have to sacrifice internal resolution. Sacrificing higher Internal resolution just isn't a good trade off for me. Hyllian's xbr-lv2-3d shader is an excellent compromise so I don't have to sacrifice the higher resolutions that tapeq's PeteOpenGL2 Tweak has over the original Pete'sOpenGL2 plug-in. The xBRZ texture scaler can be really demanding and can make a system like mine crawl with some games (AMD FX 4350 @ 4.4 Ghz, MSI AMD R7 265 OC 2GB, 16 GB DDR3 1866). Mine isn't a cutting edge system but it isn't a toaster either :) . So I can understand Monater wanting a shader based xBR filter. It won't be as good as tapeq's xBRZ texture scaler but it would be a good compromise for 2D games.

If I misunderstood you I apologize. I tend to be a little slow on the weekends :).

Feel free to add/modify/tweak any shader I have released. Most of them are MIT License.
Sure thing. I'll include the requested xBR version in the next update then.

I don't know if I am understanding you correctly. Did you mean that you thought that you didn't have to add any heavy 2D filtering since PeteOpenGL2 Tweak has an xBRZ texture scaler? The xBRZ scaler is great but it can be a real beast with games that use framebuffer effects. If you want to use the xBRZ scaler at a strength of 3 or above, in most cases you have to sacrifice internal resolution. Sacrificing higher Internal resolution just isn't a good trade off for me. Hyllian's xbr-lv2-3d shader is an excellent compromise so I don't have to sacrifice the higher resolutions that tapeq's PeteOpenGL2 Tweak has over the original Pete'sOpenGL2 plug-in. The xBRZ texture scaler can be really demanding and can make a system like mine crawl with some games (AMD FX 4350 @ 4.4 Ghz, MSI AMD R7 265 OC 2GB, 16 GB DDR3 1866). Mine isn't a cutting edge system but it isn't a toaster either :) . So I can understand Monater wanting a shader based xBR filter. It won't be as good as tapeq's xBRZ texture scaler but it would be a good compromise for 2D games.

If I misunderstood you I apologize. I tend to be a little slow on the weekends :).
No misunderstanding. You pretty much said it above. The xBRZ included with the Tweak plugin is going to be more costly than normal pretty much anyway you slice it, because it's not really doing it natively. It's using interception / injection to be applied.

FYI: you can also use the same higher internal XY resolutions with the original Pete's OGL2 plugin. Using the registry (Windows) which is where the options values are stored for that plugin. ^-^

I get your point about the xBRZ, I'll see what I can do in the next update. (estimate: sometime during the week)

Sure thing. I'll include the requested xBR version in the next update then.

No misunderstanding. You pretty much said it above. The xBRZ included with the Tweak plugin is going to be more costly than normal pretty much anyway you slice it, because it's not really doing it natively. It's using interception / injection to be applied.

FYI: you can also use the same higher internal XY resolutions with the original Pete's OGL2 plugin. Using the registry (Windows) which is where the options values are stored for that plugin. ^-^

I get your point about the xBRZ, I'll see what I can do in the next update. (estimate: sometime during the week)
Ah......thanks for reminding me about changing the internal resolution for the original Pete'sOpenGL2 plug-in via the registry. I forgot all about that. You can also do it with the integrated ePSXe Pete's OpenGL2 GPU core so no need for an external plug-in in that respect.

Take all the time you need to integrate Hyllian's shader into the suite. I'm just grateful that your actually going to do it and that you hadn't stopped working on the suite altogether.

681 - 700 of 1,036 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.