Next Generation Emulation banner
621 - 640 of 1,036 Posts
I have never seen anything like this before. I used the exact same settings in the plug-in as you have verbatim and I'm still not seeing Pete's forum symbol. Maybe it's an Nvidia specific bug. I have a MSI AMD R7 265 OC so I am assuming it might be Nvidia specific. If anyone with Nvidia gfx could test with these settings it would be really appreciated.

On an added note, you could probably set your texture filtering to either 2 or even 1. Having your texture filtering set to 6 is overkill. Almost all games work perfectly fine with 2. Also try setting your framebuffer effects to 2. There are only a few games that really need fully emulated framebuffer effects and Chrono Cross is not one of them.

You aren't by any chance using Erzesel's shader level hack are you?

I ported a version of SuperRes to Retroarch (multipass, so It can't be added to ePSXe). It can be combined with superxbr and deposterize in a 9 shader combination! It gives me this quality:

The only drawback is the lack of high internal res...

I have never seen anything like this before. I used the exact same settings in the plug-in as you have verbatim and I'm still not seeing Pete's forum symbol. Maybe it's an Nvidia specific bug. I have a MSI AMD R7 265 OC so I am assuming it might be Nvidia specific. If anyone with Nvidia gfx could test with these settings it would be really appreciated.

On an added note, you could probably set your texture filtering to either 2 or even 1. Having your texture filtering set to 6 is overkill. Almost all games work perfectly fine with 2. Also try setting your framebuffer effects to 2. There are only a few games that really need fully emulated framebuffer effects and Chrono Cross is not one of them.

You aren't by any chance using Erzesel's shader level hack are you?
Thanks for the tips about the settings. I also think this may be some kind of bug or incompatibility. What is really strange is that it only happens with the Storybook Shaders, the others work OK...

Is there any setting in particular about this shader different from the others? Sorry that I don't know anything about how their code to understand the differences between them.

About the hack, I didn't know what you were talking about but I checked the earlier posts. So I assume you meant changing the shader level in the registry? I didn't use any such hack, and I checked if the registry value reflected a change in the epsxe settings, and it did.

Thanks for your help, even if it is still not working.

Doesn't SuperRes couple with Nedi or NNEDI3 in Shaindow's implementation? Is it possible to even do that in OpenGL2?

No idea. I just ported it from the hlsl code to run on Retroarch. Shiandow is the author. I don't understand the inner logic of it.
Could you try to port ChromaNEDI and SuperChromaRes from this thread http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=170727 too. SuperChromaRes supposed to have much higher quality than regular SuperRes especially for images with saturated colors.

I'm working on a solution to filter games that combine 2d sprites with 3d polygons.

The last image show that background and PRESS START BUTTON text is well filtered by xbr, but the fighters aren't. That's because sega has used 2d sprites with different resolutions. Anyway, the polygons aren't touched, so it's possible to filter even with High Internal Res enabled.

That would be absolutely amazing. It would only work for games that used different resolutions for 2D and 3D though, right?

Hyllian, what about a game's like Final Fantasy 7,8 and 9? I believe the pre-rendered backgrounds were rendered at higher resolutions but downscaled in the game itself. I'm not absolutely sure about my previous statement but those games could definitely benefit from your proposed scaler.

Thanks for the tips about the settings. I also think this may be some kind of bug or incompatibility. What is really strange is that it only happens with the Storybook Shaders, the others work OK...

Is there any setting in particular about this shader different from the others? Sorry that I don't know anything about how their code to understand the differences between them.

About the hack, I didn't know what you were talking about but I checked the earlier posts. So I assume you meant changing the shader level in the registry? I didn't use any such hack, and I checked if the registry value reflected a change in the epsxe settings, and it did.

Thanks for your help, even if it is still not working.
Sorry, I missed your post. As far as anything different about this shader compared to others , I really don't know. Maybe the shaders author, guest.r might be able to shed some light on this.

Yes, I was talking about changing the shader levels via a registry hack.

This has got me perplexed because this is the first time I've seen anything like this and I have been around since 2004. To my knowledge, no one has ever had this issue so I don't think it's a problem on the shader side of things. I'm not omnipotent or all seeing so I could be wrong.

Sorry, I missed your post. As far as anything different about this shader compared to others , I really don't know. Maybe the shaders author, guest.r might be able to shed some light on this.

Yes, I was talking about changing the shader levels via a registry hack.

This has got me perplexed because this is the first time I've seen anything like this and I have been around since 2004. To my knowledge, no one has ever has this issue so I don't think it's a problem on the shader side of things. I'm not omnipotent or all seeing so I could be wrong.
You don't need to be sorry about missing the post or not knowing some detail about the shader! :D I thank you for taking the time to check this issue.

Anyway, the problem is now fixed, with the help of guest.r. First I needed the texture paper tga file, which I already had tried before and also didn't work. Then, somehow while changing the selected folder in the shader effects options, it began to work! It is comical that if I leave the field blank as default, it does not work. However, if I select something like "C:\Program Files (x86)\ePSXe\shaders\" it works, even though they should point to the same directory!

The result was this, in a Chrono Cross battle:

It looks really nice like for the battles. However, it does not look so fine for exploring and interacting with NPCs inside the RPG. Thus I wonder if anyone could give me some shader suggestions for Squaresoft RPG games such as Chrono Cross, Final Fantasy VII, etc?

Hi, this is a PoC of the shader I'm working to filter 2D elements and let 3D untouched. So it's good to use with High Internal Resolution.

I chose ePSXe to release first because it render pixels perfectly square.

Inside this shader there's a var called XBR_RES and its default value is 3.0. You can tweak it between 1.0 and 5.0 (maybe it can go upper), though I can't see the results for it bigger than 3.0, as my notebook has a resolution of 1366x768, so it only can upscale by 3x max on psx games. I tested it with Resident Evil games and they worked very well!!

It's a xbr level 1 only, because I couldn't figure out how to make lv2 work this way. I think it will take time... So, some stairs won't be totally linearized.

I'd like impressions. If you can run it at resolutions bigger than 3x native psx res, please try changing XBR_RES param accordingly.

Attachments

621 - 640 of 1,036 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.