Next Generation Emulation banner
541 - 560 of 1036 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Hello All,

Great shaders all around.

I've been messing with all of them for about a month or so, and I feel I've found the best one so far for 3D games; "AA Shader+Natural Shader" at 1-min.

However the sprites look terrible. The 5xBR shader makes 2D look great, but at the cost of the 3D.

I was wondering if any of the shader geniuses out there could modify the "AA Shader+Natural Shader" to use the "5xBR v4.0 Level2 shader +NV" for sprites only?

I've included a couple screenshots of what I am seeing and a potential mockup. (and zip of my shaders, and screenshot of my setting for the AA NV)

Anybody think this is possible?

Attachments

· Seasoned ePSXe User
638 Posts
To my knowledge you can't single out 2d or 3d processing completely independent of each other when using post-processing shaders. The shader is like a gauze curtain that is thrown over the entire scene. Of course with edge-detection algorithms and such you can try to limit the effect to a certain degree. Someone like guest.r or Hyllian probably could explain it much better than I could.

· Registered
7 Posts
You are probably correct.

The reason I thought this might be possible is because ePSXe allows you to choose whether or not you want to add texture filtering to all textures or exclude sprites.

For this reason I thought it might be possible to directly affect the sprites in the code.

Just a thought. ;)

· Seasoned ePSXe User
638 Posts
Understandable, but I don't think the texture filtering is done by post-processing pixel shaders. Besides, I could be wrong myself, I don't think I am but I am by no means an expert. That's why I hope someone with more expertise could chime in and give you a more definitive answer.

· Registered
3 Posts
hi everyone, I have insane difficulty problem here..

I using macbook pro 13' with intel iris graphic card, the problem is I install PCSX-Reloaded and epsxe and run it using wine, but when I try to use Pete's OGL2, the graphic show nothing but black screen but sound working fine, I guess Pete's OGL2 didn't work with my graphic card.. Is it?

I really want to have a good time playing PSX games with this shader, any help?

EDIT:
I found out, Pete's D3D for intel card, can I use shader posted here for pete's D3D?

· Master of Eselhimmel
412 Posts
I using macbook pro 13' with intel iris graphic card, the problem is I install PCSX-Reloaded and epsxe and run it using wine, but when I try to use Pete's OGL2, the graphic show nothing but black screen but sound working fine, I guess Pete's OGL2 didn't work with my graphic card.. Is it?

I really want to have a good time playing PSX games with this shader, any help?

EDIT:
I found out, Pete's D3D for intel card, can I use shader posted here for pete's D3D?
I don't have an Apple , can not say whats suported by wine. Maybe following can help:
http://wiki.winehq.org/MacOSX/FAQs#head-9fca999acdf459e6f23530389991168fb8f9d683
and Ask at the Wineforum how OpenGL and Shaders are supported.
But if you get the OGL2 to run, it is possible that the performance is bad.

Petes D3D Plugin don't support Shaders!

Reactions: drkoigaming

· Registered
3 Posts
I don't have an Apple , can not say whats suported by wine. Maybe following can help:
http://wiki.winehq.org/MacOSX/FAQs#head-9fca999acdf459e6f23530389991168fb8f9d683
and Ask at the Wineforum how OpenGL and Shaders are supported.
But if you get the OGL2 to run, it is possible that the performance is bad.

Petes D3D Plugin don't support Shaders!
Ouch, wine support either epsxe and pcsxr, but when I try to use Pete's OGL2 the screen just show black with sound only (indicated the games is running) maybe the issues is the graphic card.. Any good plugin for Intel Iris 5000?

· Seasoned ePSXe User
638 Posts
Ouch, wine support either epsxe and pcsxr, but when I try to use Pete's OGL2 the screen just show black with sound only (indicated the games is running) maybe the issues is the graphic card.. Any good plugin for Intel Iris 5000?
Ah, for intel use either Pete's D3D 1.77 or P.E.Op.S. Soft GPU V 1.18b . The P.E.Op.S. plugin is obviously not accelerated but it should work just fine. You don't get to use shaders with either plug-in though.

· Registered
8 Posts
Hi guys i just wanted to share with you what i discovered today , for epsxe with ogl plugins :
EDIT: btw it works in PPSSPP too :)
QeffectsGL: Graphic Mod for OpenGL-based Games
OpenGL pseudo-driver that adds some graphical enhancements to OpenGL-based games. You should place opengl32.dll and QeffectsGL.ini to the game executable's directory before running the game. If the game has multiple renderers available (e.g. Half-Life, Unreal), OpenGL renderer must be switched to.

Effects
  1. Anisotropic texture filtering*
  2. Full-screen antialiasing (MSAA)*
  3. HSL color correction
  4. Screen-space emboss bump-mapping
  5. Screen-space ambient occlusion
  6. Bloom
  7. Depth of Field*
Download link is here : tell me what you think...

https://code.google.com/p/qeffects-gl/downloads/list

· Seasoned ePSXe User
638 Posts
Hi guys i just wanted to share with you what i discovered today , for epsxe with ogl plugins :
EDIT: btw it works in PPSSPP too :)
QeffectsGL: Graphic Mod for OpenGL-based Games
OpenGL pseudo-driver that adds some graphical enhancements to OpenGL-based games. You should place opengl32.dll and QeffectsGL.ini to the game executable's directory before running the game. If the game has multiple renderers available (e.g. Half-Life, Unreal), OpenGL renderer must be switched to.

Effects
  1. Anisotropic texture filtering*
  2. Full-screen antialiasing (MSAA)*
  3. HSL color correction
  4. Screen-space emboss bump-mapping
  5. Screen-space ambient occlusion
  6. Bloom
  7. Depth of Field*
Download link is here : tell me what you think...

https://code.google.com/p/qeffects-gl/downloads/list
So this is an injector based shader mod basically. It appears not to work on initial start up. I'm rather interested in the SSAO and DoF. Would be interesting in some PS1 games.

· Seasoned ePSXe User
638 Posts
DId anyone try this out? I'm wondering how those effects look like in EPSXe or PCSX-R.
It appears not to work on initial start up.
As I said, it doesn't even work with ePSXe. The log that the injector creates says it is working but the effects don't work in the video window itself. I even disabled the video plug-ins shader function to be sure it wasn't interfering with the injector and to make sure that the plug-ins shader wasn't "overpowering" it.

To be honest, I am skeptical of it's ability to create SSAO and DoF. I thought you would need access to a depth buffer ( which I don't think the PSX even has or any of it's emus ) to create these effects. These 2 effects would be the only thing I am really interested since Asmodean's PSXFX pseudo multi-pass shader http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Custom-Shaders-for-GSdx?page=64
already does an excellent job of just about any other effects I need personally.

I haven't tried it for PCSX-R but I don't think it would make a difference since the injector depend on the gpu plug-in and PCSX-R uses the same plug-in system as ePSXe.

· Registered
7 Posts
omg you legend. can you recommend me any shaders in this pack that would work well with these games?

xeno gears, legends of dragoon,legend of mana, heart of darkenss, castlevania sympohny of the night or crono cross. thanks again dude.

· Seasoned ePSXe User
638 Posts
omg you legend. can you recommend me any shaders in this pack that would work well with these games?

xeno gears, legends of dragoon,legend of mana, heart of darkenss, castlevania sympohny of the night or crono cross. thanks again dude.
It's all a matter of taste. Some shaders look better with 2d only games but look like crap with 2d/3d or pure 3d games. My personal recommendation is to use the shader I recommended to you in your screen tearing thread. If we can get it working for you, you will probably love it.

· Registered
161 Posts
541 - 560 of 1036 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.