Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am sorry about this, I am sure some one else asked this same thing before, but I got mabey ten pages back in the archive before I said it was taking to long. The problem is me my friends are all playing Pokemon Emerald for the GBA via no$Gba, and would like to link. We found that we could link via the game saved into the cartage, and one of our saved states. We however can not link two of our saved states. We should have the most recent version of No$, the free on at least. So yea, just wondering if we are just being idiots, or if it isn't possible.

·
No$gba Philosopher
547 Posts
A list for a good start (Must read from page 1 to the end of the thread. That means "thoroughly", "all of it", "the whole thing", etc.):

1. Here.
2. Here. (FAQ)
3. Here.
4. Separate game files.

If all of them are not useful, try here.

-------------------------

Open the No$gba. Open your game with the 1st machine. Load your first save state. Open your same game with the 2nd machine. Load your other save state. Then Link. If second machine disappears, re-link. Else, do nothing at all but enjoy your linked games.

Usually, it's like that. Simple steps. However, I may be wrong.

·
Hopeless Optimist
3,089 Posts
For a quick answer: No$GBA does not support multiple savestates. One of you could use it to load his game, but the other one would have to rely on his normal savegame. Even so, saving works; why trying to force something that doesn't?
EDIT: Wait, not even a single savestate would work, as it would probbly load in both participants.
If you want a GBA emulator with linking that lets you use multiple savestates and has an easier access to linking two different games, use VBA-M. A guide to save-conversion should be in one of the links provided by tom_mai.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts