Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some shots from the upcomming Chronicle 4 thats currently in testing at the Public Test Server.

·
I m meow desu! ^_^
5,631 Posts
A little disappointed on graphic.

·
Registered
684 Posts
RZetlin said:
I hope the graphics are improved on the final released because currently the graphics look terrible.

The thing you have to remember with L2 is that it's built on the Unreal Engine 2 tools, there really isn't many more graphical improvements they can do on this engine, the best thing for them to do (and rumors flying about that they are planning to do with Chronicles 5) is switch over to the Unreal Engine 3 I hope this is the case because currently even with a top of the line graphics card these are about the best graphics you're going to get from L2.

BTW no you have to have an account for retail to play on the PTS, which I think is retarded as i'm one of the people who prefer to try before I buy.

·
Registered
5,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thats why u got the 30 free day trial when u make an account :p

Anyway the game has atm great graphics, it looks alot better in motion, also in C4 they added HDR to the game, yes REAL HDR, although it doesnt suit the game verywell :p

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,906 Posts
I wish they would add a store system to guild wars >_<. Love the fishing though , NCSoft rocks :p

·
Registered
5,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fishing in L2 was very well done. I was expecting a simple /fish like FFXI instead you get fishing masteries, you can level up ur fishing skills and the actual fishing is an active mini game. You have to look at the bait and if hes moving alot you got to use one skill (Reeling) and if hes calm you got to use another skill (pumping). Its a bit hard though.

Im loving C4 so far xD

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Kanodin said:
The thing you have to remember with L2 is that it's built on the Unreal Engine 2 tools, there really isn't many more graphical improvements they can do on this engine, the best thing for them to do (and rumors flying about that they are planning to do with Chronicles 5) is switch over to the Unreal Engine 3 I hope this is the case because currently even with a top of the line graphics card these are about the best graphics you're going to get from L2.

BTW no you have to have an account for retail to play on the PTS, which I think is retarded as i'm one of the people who prefer to try before I buy.
Well actually they could. Vanguard Saga of Heroes is built on the same engine. I think the shots look fine considering the age of the engine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.