Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
I was wandering if the dev's have had any interestin looking at Chihiro emulation? I won't say that I know anything technical about emulation or the aims of the project - but to me I thought it'd make sense to fully emulate a confined set of games... chihiro only has less than a dozen or so - and IMO about half of them best the vast majority of xbox games :)

But hey, I've a fetish for arcade games.

-sch :)

·
Registered
423 Posts
We have no plans right now, but almost everything we're doing right now will benefit Chihiro too. But building an Xbox1 emulator is hard enough as it is already, so don't expect us to divert our attention to Chihiro anytime soon. When the time does arrive, we'll let you all know.

·
Banned
2,299 Posts
It's possible.

Of course you will have to hack-up GD-ROM loading (already done on naomi and triforce emus, see dolphin and currently active dc/naomi emus).

Now, if you are lucky, after decrypting the thing as well as loading it to memory and such you'll "only" need to setup the memory regions, additional system calls and the system state after the game is loaded to ram but before execution.

Now if you are not lucky, the game data will not be loaded on ram on startup but on demand. If that's the case you're more or less screwed cause you will have emulate the GD-ROM up to some degree. Add to that the SH it has and the encryption thing... what can I say, good luck(?!)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It wouldn't be possible to hack up Chihiro GD-ROMs such that they more like xbox ones?

No I'm guessing...

You mentioned Dolphin/TriForce - it's a shame that hasn't taken off as well as the Wii emulation has. MK GP is awesome - I've played it once before but that one is the only I've ever seen in the flesh around my parts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts