Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think this video pretty much sums up how I feel about a few recent discussions, not just here but on quite a few other forums too.

Lighten Up

This isn't directed at any one person, just something to think about.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What is the purpose of it? Sorry, but I think you are wasting your time Neo. The world isn't going to magically changes.
You have a very negative attitude, kind of ironic being that this thread is called "lighten up".

I did not expect to change the world with a single post, I think that was pretty obvious and I don't know why I had to point that out to you. Is there something wrong with sharing my thoughts? My intentions are just as i said to give anyone who might watch the video "...something to think about."

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
What is the purpose of it? Sorry, but I think you are wasting your time Neo. The world isn't going to magically changes.
:) lets go get shattered Red :thumb:

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
I did not expect to change the world with a single post, I think that was pretty obvious and I don't know why I had to point that out to you. Is there something wrong with sharing my thoughts? My intentions are just as i said to give anyone who might watch the video "...something to think about."
so we should focus on the good points even if the game is utter s**t, ok ill go with that, i liked et on the atari 2600, it had an interesting objective or super man on the n64, i mean it had super man in it. Not meaning to flame here but it is unrealistic for people to focus on the good parts of bad games, and they shouldnt try to hide these.

·
Better be better than yesterday
4,098 Posts
You have a very negative attitude, kind of ironic being that this thread is called "lighten up".

Very negative attitude? Wow, you don't even know me, we just had two or three posts of conversation and you already know how I am? Judging people you don't know make me think that's it's you who should lighten up.

Now back on topic. I still don't see what I/people here should think about. That we are close minded? That we should'nt say "it sucks" but "it does not interest me?" First, I found arrogant the title of your thread. "Lighten up". What can make you think you have the right to tell people that they are blind? Are you sure yourself that you are so open-minded? What can make you think you are a reference?

Personnally, I do not really appreciate when people tries to give you advices on how you should behave or on how you are not enough "lighted up". My life experience tend to prove me that it is theses persons who really suffers of what they are reproaching to the others. I don't know if it is your case, but I still don't think this kind of advices should be gave by anyone.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so we should focus on the good points even if the game is utter s**t, ok ill go with that, i liked et on the atari 2600, it had an interesting objective or super man on the n64, i mean it had super man in it. Not meaning to flame here but it is unrealistic for people to focus on the good parts of bad games, and they shouldnt try to hide these.
omg... :lol: Watch the video again you clearly missed the point along with these other 2. Even though I have no idea what Squall posted, I'll bet its something extremely negative. Not surprising, he spends more time on here than IRL.:yawn:

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
omg... :lol: Watch the video again you clearly missed the point along with these other 2. Even though I have no idea what Squall posted, I'll bet its something extremely negative. Not surprising, he spends more time on here than IRL.:yawn:
first off squall said
seccond of please explain the point then, obviously my feeble mind does not grasp the most simplest of ideas, whereas your's does. All i hear from this video, is that you should suggercoat bad games and compromise in quality, for the sake of being nice and not sounding like an *******, but if there is anything in the video that i missed i would sure like to know.

edit: gah sorry about the sarcasum, c**p day. But seriously i dont get what you mean here, you shouldnt compaire games to good games or something?

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Everyone except the OP

lets go drinking, play some video games and pick up some women :)

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Very negative attitude? Wow, you don't even know me, we just had two or three posts of conversation and you already know how I am? Judging people you don't know make me think that's it's you who should light up.

Now back on topic. I still don't see what I/people here should think about. That we are close minded? That we should'nt say "it sucks" but "I does not interest me?" First, I found arrogant the title of your thread. "Lighten up". What can make you think you have the right to tell people that they are blind? Are you sure yourself that you are so open-minded? What can make you think you are a reference?

Personnally, I do not really appreciate when people tries to give you advices on how you should behave or on how you are not enough "lighted up". My life experience tend to prove me that it was theses persons who really suffers of what they are reproaching to the others. I don't know if it is your case, but I still don't think this kind of advices should be gave by anyone.
Hahaha! Wow, I think you just proved my point about you. So saying "lighten up" is arrogant? And "just something to think about" = I command you to do as I say. And "tell people that they are blind" what??? Ooook.... I wasn't giving any "kind of advices" to anyone. :lol:

In fact I wondered if any one would watch the video at all. I still wonder...

The point? Read my first post and watch the video. There was no grand point or underlying meaning... I wasn't trying to "change the world".

I'm not really surprised that this is met with such negativity, not here anyway.:thumb:

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sounds good to me!

Dude. Lighten up.
What!?! I can't believe it, how dare you tell some one to Lighten up!!! No one ever has the right to give you advices of this kind of advices should not be gave by anyone! It's youhooo should light up!:???:

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.