Next Generation Emulation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh yeah, sorry about the double post.

1st of all My country does not support Piracy.

We dint make the modchips, other countries do, we never made the emulators which is also illegal. Which this forum certainly does support, in fact it supports almost all emulation. cmon stop kidding yourselves, Yes piracy makes game makers lose money, but hey, emulation makes console developers or other people lose money too.

2. We dint make the copies of the original CDs, they came from china.

You can keep forcing the issue, with all the disclaimers posted everywhere in almost all emulation sites, it shouldve been clear to me by now

Download only if you have the original copy, you may not distribute copies of this and that and blah blah blah.

well it was a simple yes or no question, you couldve been a good moderator whoever you are and said you were going to close the forum and PM me about it or the like. Or even just say you cannot answer the question in these forums.

It's a legit and informative question, Can any of these emulators play backed up copies of PSone CDs in which the backup process includes bypassing Copy protections and burning it in a separte CD.

Heck even one of the threads here outline how to use front end emulators to create autorun macros to play ff9 in a damn pc. Take note that it also insrtucts one to create an ISO therefore creating an illegal backup of the game.

Also a sticky about making perfect backups of PSX games.

Shiori said:
6. Name your new profile "PlayStation Disc" or "PSX Backup" or "PIRACY RULZ!!!111!" or whatever.
RIGHT!! you dont support piracy!! Im not stupid you know.

ok, ok. I'll stop ranting here and you can close or even delete the post.

But I will get my answers elsewhere and come back here and post where I got it, maybe your members will appreciate the answers I get from there and move.

Again I'm sorry about the double post though, I dint mean to do that, browser malfunction I guess.

I dont have anything against you guys. It's a pretty good forum.

heck I'm pretty sure I could be a good moderator for it someday.

Just dont forget that once in your life, you were once a n00b too.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Premium Member
2,299 Posts
Can the rest people that think like the guy above please gather some more information before writing SHlT like this? Thanks.

·
Heretic
2,766 Posts
4PLAY, what were you expecting your post to do? Did you think that we'd all bow down and see the error of our ways and that you've truely shown us the light about what we're doing. Emulation is completely legal, but it seems you think otherwise. I admit that its true that some emulators need an illegal component to operate, but as long as we don't provide the illegal parts then what is left is infact legal. We're not stupid and, unlike some other communities I won't mention but some will know who I'm talking about, don't pretend that for certain reasons backing up old games is legal.

Nice try, but ultimately your post is pointless.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not pointing out any error in anyones ways, it's a free medium, the web.

I was just citing some examples, and yeah it may not all be correct but hey I never said I was perfect.

Look, I really dont wanna argue with guys. I'm sorry, I dont even expect anyone to bow down or anything like that.

Like I said im a n00b to this scene ok, so will y'all forgive me now, and will someone please PM me an answer to my question?

There, are we all cool now?

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
LOL this guy is a moron. Look man, 90% of what you just typed doesnt even happen here. Making ISO's from your own game you payed for IS NOT ILLEGEL so telling someone to make a iso isnt illegel. What you want them to say If you own the game then make a iso if you dont... ahhh if you dont how do you have the cd anyways? when it comes down to it ur just pissed off cuase you said something and the admins cracked down on you. So here is the answer you wanted, well maybe not.

WE DONT CARE WHAT YOU THINK.

with that said cya and have fun in the forums.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
and you all ofcourse understand what I mean. im not an idiot either.

Now although some of us may hate to admit it, emulation does in one way or another lead to some piracy of some sort, and I am not pointing any fingers on anyone at all. Niether am I saying that everyone is doing it.

So there it is, that is what I really meant. Now tell me im wrong.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
you sir, are a douchebag.

We dint make the copies of the original CDs, they came from china.
so because someone else pirated it, it's ok? so let's see, my friend goes to the store and steals a game for me, but luckily since i have it and i didnt steal it, it's not stolen anymore. phew!

You can keep forcing the issue, with all the disclaimers posted everywhere in almost all emulation sites, it shouldve been clear to me by now

Download only if you have the original copy, you may not distribute copies of this and that and blah blah blah.
those rules are total and utter BS. the "keep it for 24 hours" thing is crap. that is a made up thing designed to make people feel like they arent breaking any law. go ahead and find where that is actually a law. i'll even give you 5 bucks if you do. it doesnt exist, so you might be looking for a while.

well it was a simple yes or no question, you couldve been a good moderator whoever you are and said you were going to close the forum and PM me about it or the like. Or even just say you cannot answer the question in these forums.
i dont care if it was a yes or no question or if it required 10 pages of typing. it was piracy which is against the rules meaning you wont get your question answered anyway. and i was being a good moderator, i politely closed the thread while stating the rule. did you really want a PM? should i have sent flowers to your house with an apology too? and i DID say we couldnt answer the question in the forum (put 2 and 2 together..its against the rules so i cant answer it..). here, i'll even remind you of what i said:

hushypushy said:
furthermore, you're breaking the rules; NGemu doesn't support piracy
RIGHT!! you dont support piracy!! Im not stupid you know.
Shiori was making a joke. notice the "l33t speak" he used. if English isn't your first language, perhaps you need to work on it a little more. that was sarcasm; he wasnt serious. just because he said "PIRACY RULZ!!!111!" doesn't mean that Emuforums supports piracy.

It's a legit and informative question, Can any of these emulators play backed up copies of PSone CDs in which the backup process includes bypassing Copy protections and burning it in a separte CD.
Take note that it also insrtucts one to create an ISO therefore creating an illegal backup of the game.
:lol: now you know how you should've phrased it, eh? hell, i make ISOs of games i own all the time (made one of Xenogears last night, FYI). i'll tell anyone who wants to know how to make an ISO of a PSX game. it's 100% legal to make ISOs and copies of your own games, but it's not legal to distribute them, and it's not legal to have them be distributed to you--EVEN IF YOU ALREADY OWN THE GAME. remember, you bought the rights to that ONE copy of the game, not every copy in the universe. and when you make a post that actually says MY PIRATED GAMES, well...i dont even need to finish the sentence. here is a reminder:

What can I do with my PC, and my Pirated Games?
heh, good job. moving on:

But I will get my answers elsewhere and come back here and post where I got it, maybe your members will appreciate the answers I get from there and move.
i'll be watching you. this is your second usernote. come back with any sort of sass or further rule breaking, three strikes and you're out. if you don't fall in line, you're banned. i implore you to figure out the rules, shape up, and come back and be part of the community. but if you step out of line one more time, your ass is toast ;)

I dont have anything against you guys. It's a pretty good forum.
stop trying to lick my balls alright? is this what you do when you get in trouble in real life? "oh but i think you're sooooooo awesomeeee...so are you gonna forgive me now or what?"

Just dont forget that once in your life, you were once a n00b too.
damn straight, you can even go back and look at my posts from 2003 and see where i was. the difference between you and i is that i actually read the rules and followed them, rather than coming in with "how can i play pirated games??"

your arguments have more holes than a spaghetti strainer, my friend. my advice to you is to sit back, read the forums, and learn some things. you'd be surprised at how much you think you know, but you don't. maybe some day you'll look back on this and laugh at yourself for being foolish. remember, think before you post ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.