Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the ePSXe - Enhanced PSX emulator, and i play Legend of Legaia on it. now at sertain parts of the game (mostly in battles) the game slows right down. like say i use a power (re-seru) then most of the time i have to wait 2-4 mins for the animation to finnish. also it slows down when i use special arts and when there are vidios. i can still hear the music but it slows down as well, like one note, then a nother, ect. im sepose to hear special sounds like when i use the arts (tornato flame) they are sepose to yell out "tornato flame" but i dont hear it. is there anything i can do?

p.s. im a noob at this, if you need more info just tell me.

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
First of all, post wich plugins are you using and their configs.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
alright here it is

VIDIO: Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.6

internal X resolution: 1:high-Standard, enhanced display
internal Y resolution: 1:high-Standard, enhanced display

Texture filtering: 0:none
Hi-Res textures: 0:none (standard)

Off-Screen Drwaing: 2:extended-can cause garbage
framebuffer effects: 3:full-Emulates everything, cause overall slowdown
frame buffer upload: 1:standard-Uploads detected screen areas

SOUND: P.E.Op.S. DSound Audio Driver 1.9

Mode: 0:fast mode (thread, less compatible spu timing)
Volime: 1:medium
Reverb: 1:simple reverb (fakes the most common effects)
Interpolation: 1:simple interpolation

CDROM: P.E.Op.S. CDR Driver 1.4

interface: W2K/XP-IOCTL scsi commands
Drive: [l:0:0] Drive D:
Read mode: BE_2 (ATAPI SPEC 2)
caching mode: None-reads one sector

need anything else?

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
Your computer specs will help also. Try lowering offscreen drawing (od) to 1 and framebuffer effects (fbe) to 2.

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
Processor brand, model and speed, amount of ram in your system, and videocard brand and model are the more important ones. Open start menu, click 'run', type 'dxdiag', hit enter, wait for it to end gathering your system info, and click 'save info'. When it ends, open the txt file it saves, and copy the information in the section "System Summary" on a post.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.40GHz
System Model: Dimension 4600
Memory: 512MB RAM
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200

i couldn't find speed

·
Registered
3 Posts
just to help u know a little more about your pc :innocent: :
Sir-Jman said:
*Edited by cansian to help you find the speed*
Processor Brand: Intel(R)
Model: Pentium(R) 4
Speed: 2.40GHz
:thumb:

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
Your pc should be able to handle the game. Maybe it's slow reading the cd, you should try making an ISO out of it. You can use programs like clonecd, alcohol and isobuster to create an iso of a psx game. When possible, do it in the clonecd format (.ccd), epsxe will be able to load it straight using file -> run iso.

·
Coffee Demon
2,907 Posts
Actually we see the problem...You are using Fast Timing on the P.E.Op.S. DSound Audio Driver. This is a good setting if speed is a problem, but it is the least compatible. We suggest setting it to use SPUAsync. It is the most compatible setting, and should emulate the sounds well.

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
With the programs i mentioned :p An ISO is an reaw copy of the cd to your hard drive. As the hard drive is many times faster than a cd, accesing the iso instead of the cd usually speeds up things. IsoBuster's main function is to create ISOs, so it will be easy with that. Alcohol has an 'Image Creation Wizard', pretty self-explanatory too. It's been a long time since i used clonecd, so i don't remember much about it :laugh: But i don't think it's too dificult ;) . Anyway, just try DarkWatcher's suggestion first :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i tryed DarkWatcher's idea and it helped a little, its still slow at parts, so il make an ISO and see how that works out

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
alright, i extracted all the files with IsoBuster, but i cant figur out what to do from here, i put all the files into a folder...

·
Is this thing on?
2,121 Posts
Sir-Jman said:
CDROM: P.E.Op.S. CDR Driver 1.4

caching mode: None-reads one sector
Try changing cache mode to the last option and enable additional 4MB cache and run the cd.
Anyway, an ISO would indeed help.

I am sorry that I cannot provide any support on Isobuster as I do not have any experience on it.

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
There should only be two or so files maximum that are generated by ISOBuster. If you have a lot more than that then it wasn't ripped correctly. Here's what you do :).

1. Insert disc, open up ISOBuster, and select the CD-ROM drive that contains the disc.
2. Right click on "CD" in the box on the left side of the window, go to "Extract CD <Image>", and go down to RAW.
3. Give the image a name and make sure you put an extention at the end of the name, like .bin or .iso (ex: GT2.bin).
4. Once the CD is done ripping, another box will pop up asking you to save a file. That is the CUE file. It's helpful if you want to back up the image onto a CD while having the original file layout. It's also needed with Mooby's ISO plugin to hear music with games that use CD Audio.
5. Open up ePSXe, go to File, and click Run ISO.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts