Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
I'm in despair!
3,420 Posts
Originally posted by Bgnome
have yall tried -legaia - cdrtiming and maybe -f too?
I think the "-legaia" switch turns off some of the in-battle sounds... maybe that was necessary to get this get this game working in the current version of ePSXe.

Not 100% sure, thought.

[]s Badaro

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
im not sure about that. the biggest problem people had previously was the game would hang when using the healing leaf in the trial fight..

·
I'm in despair!
3,420 Posts
Originally posted by Bgnome
im not sure about that. the biggest problem people had previously was the game would hang when using the healing leaf in the trial fight..
Yes, but that's not what he's Dogbone asked.

You see, I have this game, and I had made some tests earlier. When the game crashed, at the practice battle, it seemed to do so because of some sound problems (it kept playing random SFX in the background).

After I used the "-legaia" switch, I noticed that most of the in-battle sounds were missing, so I assumed this was related to the crashing problem.

[]s Badaro

·
Registered
51 Posts
i also get the problem where it crashes in the practice fight with Tetsu. when i use a healing leaf the game stops but the sound is still playing. does anyone know how to fix this? what option should i use or maybe a different plug-in.

i'm using epsxe version 1.2
pete's GPU soft plug-in
epsxe sound and cd-rom plug-in
and SCHP1002 bios

so can anyone please reply to this.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Stupid question (I guess) but when I insert the parameter "-legaia" into the command line, epsxe just tells me: "-legaia param incorrect".
Isn't this option included in epsxe ver 101??? Do I have to install an additional program in order to make it work?

Thx

·
Registered
41 Posts
I've tried Legend of Legaia Spanish pal version on epsxe 1.2.0 and it goes very well. It hasn't big problems in sound and it past the training fight without any extra option in the command line.
What is this option for?
Sorry for my english.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The commandline is the only way (atleast for me) to get past the healing leaf thing when you practise, but it takes away some of the battle sounds... I'm using the UK version...

·
Registered
51 Posts
i don't hear any sound when using 'spirit'. i haven't played it in a console so i don't know which bits have the sound and which ones don't. but other than that it's working fine. i'm using pete's DX6 D3D, internel epsxe sound and cd-rom plugin.

although i do have a problem regarding saving using the 'mem cubes' in the game. i can save to the mem card but, i couldn't load it properly, my recent save doesn't load up. so i use the savestate. it happens to me in some games as well.
does anyone know how to fix this problem. i did however made changes to the my windows registry. does epsxe store anything in the registry? or does it get affected at all?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It works for me too but i get some random crashes and all the sounds are not played... but i dont have a problem with the 'mem cubes' so i cant help you with that...

epsxe stores some config in:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\epsxe

1 - 18 of 18 Posts