Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i just got to finish watching the miniseries today and thought it was good show. Ill give summary of it without giving away the story too much

Summary:
-Has Kristin Kreuk :wub:
-Set in fantasy world like Lord of the Rings
-Magic is part of the world
-Decent CGI
-World is made up of islands
-Each ep is 2hrs long( 2eps in all)
-Based on series Earthsea
-Main character wants to become wizard that somehow leads to saving world.

My opinion:
-Reason watching was b/c of Kristin Kreuk
-Almost didnt watch b/c of Sci-Fi Channel
-Good story line for Sci-Fi Channel
-Decent Character Development

I wanna see if anyone else thought about it or even watched it. If you havent seen it yet i would say give it a chance. I'm sure they will repeat the eps all week long so go check it out. I almost didnt watch it b/c i saw miniseries of Robocop and thought how horrible it was(Favorite movie is Robocop). I seen few other series on Sci-Fi and this movie didnt seem cheesy like most series on the channel are. So give it a chance.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Cheesy??? NOTHING on made by Sci-Fi is cheesy....Some of the movies they lease might be alittle..(Puppet master VS Demonic toys) But for the most part the Actual SCi-Fi produced shows are top notch (SG1, SG:Atlantis, Battlestar Galactica, Farscape, Even Scare tactics has some pretty good moments)

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
I actually "accidentally" started watching it. I was watching SG-1 right before that and planned to get a game or two of Halo 2 in before studying. It came on right afterwards but after I started watching, I couldn't stop. It was surprisingly quite good. :)

·
Banned
177 Posts
FLaRe85 said:
I actually "accidentally" started watching it. I was watching SG-1 right before that and planned to get a game or two of Halo 2 in before studying. It came on right afterwards but after I started watching, I couldn't stop. It was surprisingly quite good. :)
Agreed same thing here.

·
Banned
177 Posts
Bgnome said:
i thought it was a bit cheesy but enjoyed it nonetheless..
Well I'll agree to that as well it had some cheesyness in it..for one using the hobbit character was like...ok..enough lol at least for me. I was tired of seeing his short butt on screen like 2 hours into the 2nd lotr. :lol:

·
Crasher of Castles
7,016 Posts
i watched it, it was pretty much the story of harry potter in a lord of the rings setting without the cool monsters. Overall for a sci-fi channel movie it was pretty good (considering they proably spend 4/5 of their money on that bubble effect for stargate ;)). It was decent, but apparently not a good adaptation of the characters from the book.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts