Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I'm new here and I hate to ask about Legend of Dragoon, because it seems there's a lot of people asking when I searched xD, but I couldn't find my problem.

All textures in the game are static, as in they do not change even if I re-configure my plug-in. Thus, everything looks extremely blocky and walking in the world map is excruciatingly muddy.

I honestly do not know what is wrong because a few days ago, I was running the game with pretty sharp settings, and I didn't change anything yet it all just.. went blah.

I'm using:
ePSXe 1.7.0
Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.9

Muddy Terrain
Albert's blocky cape and other blocky textures
-Note: Most of it I don't mind. But the cape, as such, and monsters with wings are disconnected, blocky, and flat.
Current Configuration

Sorry, I have no screens of what the game used to be like for me.

Thanks in advance if you can help me!!

I understand that it's just a PSX, and an emulation at that, but I honestly don't remember them being like this. Was I just dreaming and that's just how it is? xD

*EDIT*
I just saw another post stating that you must use a D3D driver for Windows Vista? I'll try that =)

*EDIT*
Pete's D3D 1.77 isn't making much progress either.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
...i see nothing wrong other then the wrong render texture mode.... and the use of 2xSaI....

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,477 Posts
You forgot to mention what type of video card you're using.

Anyway, try this:
Set texture filtering: 4
Set Hi-res textures: 0
Turn ON special game fixes and activate special game fix 0x0001.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I have a nVidia GeForce 8400 GS. Sorry. :p

Are the textures supposed to look like that though? (In the world map I mean). I just don't remember... lol. sorry =\

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
i did a google image search and found this, you can compare those images to what you are seeing on epsxe. for the world map specifically, look towards the end of that list.

edit-

that one is a little small but you can still make out the way it is supposed to look like.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ah... ok. I must've been seeing things then. Thanks! xD

Nothing wrong with blocky figures in battles though? =\

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,477 Posts
Ah... ok. I must've been seeing things then. Thanks! xD

Nothing wrong with blocky figures in battles though? =\
...i see nothing wrong other then the wrong render texture mode.... and the use of 2xSaI....
You forgot to mention what type of video card you're using.

Anyway, try this:
Set texture filtering: 4
Set Hi-res textures: 0
Turn ON special game fixes and activate special game fix 0x0001.
As posted before, if you adjust your settings like so, you'll reduce the blockiness. There will still be some blockiness though as this is a PS1 game. :/

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
i think what you are seeing is normal.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok. I guess it'll suffice. Even though it looks nothing different from when I have it on "fast default" settings. xD Oh well.

Thank you for your help!

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
you can always toy around with some custom shaders and see if you can get it looking better.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts