Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Penadinho
2,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone talks about LoD but I've never seen decent screenshots of it. Even the opinions about the game are controvertial...
So, is it good? How does it play? It takes 5 CDs for its graphics/mdecs or long gameplay?
Could anyone please post shots of various moments of the game? Like map, battle, status, mdec, talk, town...
Thanks in advance,
Omega Cable

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
I suppose someone could...in the PSX Emulation shots. Moving over there.

I don't like LoD much, but it does look significantly better in ePSXe.

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
Opening movie. Some screenshots have a mouse cursor in it because I didn't notice I'd accidentally opted for it in the options screen. Oops.

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
ROOOOOOOOOOSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! In any other game, she would be a poor supporting character at best, but here she's magnificent! Comparatively speaking, of course...

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
I bet I could make sparks like that if I used a sword...Most attacks look less than impressive, but they're normally realistic...well, the normal ones, anyway.

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
Dramatic, epic dialogue. If you're looking for it, the lousy translation in Legend of Dragoon isn't going to impress much (unless you can overcome the fact FF7 and FFT had the same problems. However, those two games also had a good plot, so...).

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
Whee, it's a missing foot! People may claim Legend of Dragoon has great graphics, but there are all sorts of screwy problems in the game (not an emulation problem, although this screenshot may be a different case). Capes almost always get distorted and look like triangles half the time they're seen. This isn't particularly a problem, with one notable exception.

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
It's the loot screen. Kleptomaniacs unite! Music is, for the most part, quite bland. Some songs are good (particularly the neat celtic intro), but most make you think, "Uh...huh?"

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
Here's another battle image, just because they do look pretty good. The four CDs are mostly for the long game. Very few MDECs, but they're long (and can't be skipped, of course). I think one clocked in at about ten minutes or something. They may very well be the best thing in the game.

·
Penadinho
2,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
WOW! Thanx for the shots, they look AWESOME! How about the character's personality? Is there any development on that way? Being a HUGE FF fan (and a psychologist) I'm really into characters personality, story, background and stuff...

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
You may be disappointed. One of the worst things about the game is character development. As I already pointed out, you could more or less swap Cloud and Dart (although if you like Cloud, the odds are you might like Dart). Rose is a great character. It's less what she says but what she doesn't say that makes her so interesting. She has more interesting qualities than the rest of the cast combined. Most other characters fall under poor stereotypes and really don't improve/change in the game: big strong dumb guy, fast comedy relief character that isn't funny, etc. It's strange that such a long game has so little character development (with one very notable exception near the end of the game). But the one thing I haven't really talked about is the various locales. Many of the places are very unique to Legend of Dragoon. Some I simply haven't seen elsewhere.

If you like FF7 (especially a lot), you might like Legend of Dragoon. The problem is I don't know what Final Fantasy games you like.

·
Registered
36 Posts
For more shots, I posted some screenshots I've taken in a previous thread. Here's the link: http://www.ngemu.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5700

They won't be as good as the previous ones, because, just look at my specs. :) Anyway... I personally enjoy the game... and the addition attacks are a great feature. Storywise, I personally liked it. Not as great as the Final Fantasy series, but good nonetheless. It would be a matter of choice really. Just give it a shot.

·
Penadinho
2,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I really apreciate all the info you guys are writing :eek:)
I love EVERY SINGLE FF (except 8 which I HATE!)... I just loved FF6, 7 and I'm playing 9 for the third time :eek:)

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
Omegainf: If you liked FF7 and FF9 a lot, the odds are you will like Legend of Dragoon as well. They have fairly similar plots.

·
<font color="#FF0066"><b>Advanced Newbie</b></font
5,797 Posts
hey, the game imself have a great characters design, all have their parts well maded

1 - 19 of 19 Posts