Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I'm having issues with Legend of Dragoon, on disk 1 during the fight with Drake the Bandit I consistently get lockups with either a black screen or the game just repeating the same animation. I tried loading my previous save and going though the fight several different ways but I still get a lockup before I finish the fight, Its always at a different point in the fight so I don't think its my disk.

I'm using pSX 1.13, Pal bios SCPH7502.BIN, No cheats or hacks aside from the occasional savestate. My disk is a very good condition original NTSC U disc. Thats all the necessary information I can think of. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks.

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was having Graphical Glitches with the following settings

Code:
Plugin: Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.9
Author: Pete Bernert
Card vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
GFX card: GeForce 9800 GTX+/PCI/SSE2

Resolution/Color:
- 640x480 Window mode
- Internal X resolution: 1
- Internal Y resolution: 1
- Keep psx aspect ratio: on 
- No render-to-texture: on 

- Filtering: 0
- Hi-Res textures: 0
- TexWin pixel shader: off
- VRam size: 0 MBytes

Framerate:
- FPS limitation: on 
- Frame skipping: off
- FPS limit: Auto

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 2
- Framebuffer effects: 3
- Framebuffer uploads: 1

Misc:
- Scanlines: off
- Mdec filter: on 
- Screen filtering: on 
- Shader effects: 0/1
- Flicker-fix border size: 0
- GF4/XP crash fix: off
- Game fixes: off [00000000]
I Tried again with

Code:
Plugin: Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.9
Author: Pete Bernert
Card vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
GFX card: GeForce 9800 GTX+/PCI/SSE2

Resolution/Color:
- 640x480 Window mode
- Internal X resolution: 2
- Internal Y resolution: 3
- Keep psx aspect ratio: on 
- No render-to-texture: on 

- Filtering: 0
- Hi-Res textures: 0
- TexWin pixel shader: off
- VRam size: 512 MBytes

Framerate:
- FPS limitation: on 
- Frame skipping: off
- FPS limit: Auto

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 2
- Framebuffer effects: 3
- Framebuffer uploads: 1

Misc:
- Scanlines: off
- Mdec filter: on 
- Screen filtering: on 
- Shader effects: 0/1
- Flicker-fix border size: 0
- GF4/XP crash fix: off
- Game fixes: on  [00000001]
Running at higher graphical quality with the fix seemed to do wonders for most of the issues.

Code:
DirectSound
Buffer size 50
Thread
Wait for XA buffer is free enabled
fine tune 0
reverb neill's
The sound seemed to have been lagging and un-synced at times, not really game breaking but highly annoying.

I'm on a home made computer.
Windows XP Pro SP2
E8400 stock speed/cooling
nvidia 9800gtx+
2gb corsair xms ddr800
dfi lanparty dk P35 T2RS

Oh A weird issue just came up, I converted my memory card using Memorycardrex and tried playing just that fight, it worked well enough for the fight but forgot to save before I copied it back :dead: anyway I loaded back into epsxe and it wouldn't load the game, I'd just get stuck with the black window that had the controller icon. Tried relaunching and reinstalling, checking to see if there were any extra processes running and nothing. It runs the Bios fine but it wont run the cdrom. Kinda clueless on why it would break like that.

Just figured it out, For some reason with my media player open, epsxe wont even attempt to read the cd drive, kinda weird. I was using the latest version of Video lan

· God of Douchebagness™
15,294 Posts
what do the glitches you are getting look like, can you post a screen shot of them? have you tried making an image of your disc and running the game from that instead?

· Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ 龍我雷 Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
1,377 Posts
I played and finished this game way before OpenGL2 plugin was created, and iirc, there
was a game fix for LoD (at least old D3D/OpenGl plugins )to remove green colored dots
from screen, but even with that yellow and purple dots start to appear lol, but that was
negligible glitch..

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I heven't tried ripping the disc. I used the game fix on OpenGL2 and it fixed a lot of issues but now its mainly the sound lag/un-synced at times, and I can't really tell if its video lag or a result of running with better graphics. Oh and with epsxe and the media player, it wasn't the media player it turns out if I uncheck sound enabled it wont read from the cd drive, I was using Eternal spu plugin 1.41

Oh is it possible to turn the sound down on epsxe without turning down the system volume, I kinda like to watch a movie or tv on one half of the screen and the game in the other half.

· Better be better than yesterday
5,544 Posts
Hey, I'm having issues with Legend of Dragoon, on disk 1 during the fight with Drake the Bandit I consistently get lockups with either a black screen or the game just repeating the same animation. I tried loading my previous save and going though the fight several different ways but I still get a lockup before I finish the fight, Its always at a different point in the fight so I don't think its my disk.

I'm using pSX 1.13, Pal bios SCPH7502.BIN, No cheats or hacks aside from the occasional savestate. My disk is a very good condition original NTSC U disc. Thats all the necessary information I can think of. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks.
Have a look at this thread. Tricky though.

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I came across that, I was hoping the new version of pSX would have fixed that, but seemed not to. I played around for awhile with that but success rate for me was still to low to try and complete a boss fight. I think I'm going to switch to epsxe for this game, If I can get a few issues fixed.

· Registered
3,106 Posts
I came across that, I was hoping the new version of pSX would have fixed that, but seemed not to. I played around for awhile with that but success rate for me was still to low to try and complete a boss fight. I think I'm going to switch to epsxe for this game, If I can get a few issues fixed.
I was just away to suggest that actually. Strugling through pSX with this game was not a fun experience for me either.

Now what are the issues that you need fixed in expse?

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sound issues mainly, I was able to fix my graphic issues, but I still have issues with sound de-syncing and skipping around at times. My other issue is I cannot disable sound on Epsxe, if I do for some reason the emulator refuses to read the disk. Anyway I need a way to mute/lower the volume on epsxe without lowering the whole system volume.

· God of Douchebagness™
15,294 Posts
use nulls sound plugin for that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.