Next Generation Emulation banner

Legend of Dragoon crashes after Disc 3 change

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  FoxSevent 
#1 · (Edited)
I am nearing the end of the game and the game won't work anymore. I stopped using ePSXe and started using Duckstation, but the save systems are supported by both. Originally, when I got to the change to Disc 4 screen. Nothing actually showed up. Just black. Upon reloading the save that happens immediately before I get the screen. On Duckstation I get this static screen crash. On ePSXe I get a black screen crash. On Duckstation I get a bunch of errors on the log "Invalid bus word read at address".

epsxe000.mcr This is my save. 1st one is a little before the long cutscenes before the disc change. 2nd one is the disc change.

As a side note, I did cheat. I don't know if they may be the cause. The ones I used: Max Gold, No Random Encounters, Quick Level Up All Characters, Max Star Dust.
The only one that could have caused issues are Max Star Dust because it did cause an issue originally. At one point leaving the cheat off caused the game to crash when pressing Triangle for the menu screen. Leaving it on fixed it I guess. At some point I didn't need to have the cheat anymore. It didn't even give me Max Dust anyway. And I didn't get to progress the quest..

I have considered it COULD be a bad dump of the game. I did try redownloading the game from a different source but I get the same effect and I don't think scouring the internet for ROMs will change the outcome.

I REALLY don't want to start over

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I didn't even know about HLE. I use the normal bios.

So as an update. So I've given up on trying to fix this. I eventually looked for a save file that was at the end point of the disc. I am still interested in what happened though.

I don't remember exactly what happens when you save at this point. I think you are supposed to see text at the bottom of your save that details your location. Either a normal save (Vellweb) or End chapter (Ch.4). The Ch.4 save takes me right where I need to go.

The save file that is blank does not have a location. That might be the cause. I have tried a few attempts and it does not seem to register. I accidentally loaded on the wrong disc and it takes me to what I assume is a secret test area. I can't interact with anything. And I don't speak Japanese. Something made the file become corrupt I guess. Even loading the earlier save and saving again does the same thing.
If I was a kid again and found that area I would be freaked out. The spinning Dragoon Dart around Dart does it for me. This is worse than the fake Nintendo piracy screens.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.