Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm beginning to layout my plans for creating a site which will most likely consist of HTML & Flash.

I have some of the essential tools needed to create web pages (Flash, Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Photoshop) the question is what is the learning curve for coding and using the software (Flash, Dreamweaver, and Fireworks)

·
Level 9998
9,384 Posts
Mmm... for that combo, I think you only need to invest about a year at most, and then you'll become almost a master at it. Flash is much easier than people think, and I think you can pretty much get away with doing little to no code at all, though listening to your ideas, I can imagine that coding would play an integral part.

So anyway, if you have Flash, then head on over to ActionScript.org Flash, Flex and ActionScript Community - Tutorials, Support, Open Source & More, and see what you can pick up from the tutorials over there. I may also be able to help you with that or HTML or Javascript or PHP from time to time, but no guarantee there. I'm too busy causing mischieves in my own little world to pay attention to this. :)

Won't say that I'm an expert at this, but I reckon I have a fair amount of knowledge in most of those languages, and especially ActionScript since I use it almost daily.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
runawayprisoner, I might have a job for you, then. My normal flash guy is busy and hard to get in touch with.

HI-TECH, if you need a place to host this site of yours, shoot me a PM.

·
Pilgrim
9,687 Posts
I hate this secrecy, would like to know your joint project sometime later. :p

·
Better be better than yesterday
4,098 Posts
I'm beginning to layout my plans for creating a site which will most likely consist of HTML & Flash.

I have some of the essential tools needed to create web pages (Flash, Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Photoshop) the question is what is the learning curve for coding and using the software (Flash, Dreamweaver, and Fireworks)
You are a beginner? I recommend you to drop Dreamweaver for the moment. Use Notepad++ instead for the XHTML/CSS codes. More you familiarize with them directly, the better you can master them easily.

For Flash, Actionscript being an OOP langage, I recommend you to familiarize with this way of coding before jumping into it. Gotoandlearn.com is a good resource for tutorials and will, I hope, help you.

About the question of the learning curve, I think it will be difficult to answer. Some people learn in two days what others only understand some months later. Just practice again and again and Google is your friend.

Ah yeah; You will hate IE6/7. If you want some tips about this two *censored* *censored* *censored* browsers, it will be a pleasure for me to help you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts