Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I hapen to be he only person in these boards who is very much concerned with the latest release of FPSE..............:( :(

I hope no one in these boards would mind that!

So I went to the site of FPSE today and there I read a very long post posted my LDchen who seems to be one of the authors of FPSE...................!
Here is what he has to say about the latest release of FPSE

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi to all, this is LDChen.
It's long time I don't write a post, so here you are.
To tell you the truth, I didn't know that FPSE will be released on
july, my hope is to release it earlier.
Simply because the core is already finished.
Let's give to you a real date: 1 june, OK?
Now I'm doing some optimizations into the sources for less memory usage.

Some words about compatibility: I haven't found a game that doesn't
work.
But there are at lest 2 problems:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well there is a lot much he has written on that site I think that would interest all of U out there so check it out......!

www.emuunlim.com

For the post of LDchen I think that FPSE has a way big compatability even bigger then epsxe.Moreover I think that FPSE would also have a good speed since it runs various games at full speed on the P-11 200mhz PC of !Mr+Fog!.

Lets hope that all what LDchen is true and we get another great emu in our hand

Ali
M.L.A

S

·
0 Posts
From what has been posted, it would seem that FPSE, is indeed a very promising emulator. Lets just hope the release goes as planned. Thanks for sharing this.
BTW, if no one here seems to be that interested in FPSE, I would say that it is because of their track record:( . Insulting other authors, making false acusations, starting,stopping,starting, work on it again, etc. Due to all of this, I think people now want proof before they'll believe in FPSE again and who can blame them? I hope this makes sense.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

C

·
0 Posts
I'll believe it when I see it....

Not to mention, what use are all these great things if the majority of end-users (sans myself, for those FPSE zealots who will call me a moron for not being able to run it) can't get it to run, like 0.08? ;)

Think about it.

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
Originally posted by CDBuRnOuT
I'll believe it when I see it....

Not to mention, what use are all these great things if the majority of end-users (sans myself, for those FPSE zealots who will call me a moron for not being able to run it) can't get it to run, like 0.08? ;)

Think about it.
Well, we'll certainly see some...ahem, interesting feedback on FPSE's forum at emuunlim.com if that's the case. I would suspect not very positive feedback, too...

C

·
0 Posts
Looks like Mr.Fog and LDChen have stopped saying that FPSE is GPL'd when it's not, and are looking for a real license, not a stupid set of rules, if they release the source for this version....

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Originally posted by liaqatali

Well I hapen to be he only person in these boards who is very much concerned with the latest release of FPSE..............:( :(

Fear not!
U re not the only one ;)

BTW how can people in this topic can be so negative?(I won t put names...)

I think all the authors of an emu should be congratuled...

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
Rargh: while I would ordinarily agree, there was a specific example of PSXEmu and FPSE attacking each other over what I feel were pointless issues. While words may fade with time, actions themselves are rarely forgotten. That is NOT a note about all the FPSE team or PSXEmu - it was a limited, yet heated, confrontation between certain individuals. Hopefully the new version of FPSE is good and we can indeed congratulate the authors for good work, because I much prefer to praise than condemn.

S

·
0 Posts
Rargh, one more point. In the past, the FPSE team actually accused other emu authors of ripping off their code. They claimed they had it first and it was stolen from them. Making false acusations like that is not going to make you respected or well liked at all.:mad:
So this time, they had better "put their money where their mouth is" and deliver something good if they want people to continue to support and believe in them.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you guys for sharing such information about FPSE.Lately I had some great impression about the authors of FPSE,but now it has gone all to dust..................!

But time changes every thing.It changed man from an animal to a human so the attitude of a person is a very small thing.Time has passed so I guess there might be a change of attitude in the fpse authors.......................:rolleyes:

By the way I would like to congradulate them on their new release of FPSE since it looks great.They have definitly made a remarkable improvement as it seems

Ali
M.L.A

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
i for one would like to see them put their money where their mouth is..
according to ldchens last post, fpse doesnt seem as wonderous as they put it out to be, but we will see if they do release it in june.

·
Registered
526 Posts
hmm .. how a little flame destroy ones image .. Well as i would like to agree with everyone of you even then one should try to set aside another persons flaws. I would just like to see FPSE bring out an emulator be it good or bad. Atleast we should be congratulating them on the work which they have done. but it looks like they just might have boasted a bit too much about their emu in an un-fashionable manner rather than presenting it humbly to the public such as the authors of Epsxe.. i just hope their emu can live up to everyones expectation ... well lets see june 1st is just around the corner

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
it wasnt just a little flame.
it was something that was ignorant and stupid and caused a lot of problems in the psx emulation community. to many of us, it will not be easily forgotten..

·
Registered
526 Posts
probably your right but then again i wonder what exactly will be our views regarding them if they came up with a better emu than epsxe although the possibility of that happening is rather slim but one should just keep ones mind open for different possibilities

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Originally posted by liaqatali

But time changes every thing.It changed man from an animal to a human so the attitude of a person is a very small thing.Time has passed so I guess there might be a change of attitude in the fpse authors.......................:rolleyes:

What a wise man!
:D

anyway I wanted to say, even if they ve done those problems to the psxemu scene (psxemu; psx...emu uhuh good one eh?..no.ok)
they re working on fpse and even if their emu isn t perfect (FOR NOW) like epsxe, they are part of this scene.
So, I think people who don t know (or didn t know like me) what had happened, will still cheer them up for their good work...
After all, like *wise*Liaqatali :D said, man should forget about it and give 'em a chance.

C

·
0 Posts
You can't expect all to be forgiven just because they produce something of quality (for once)...

They made their bed, and now they have to lie(sp?) in it...

C

·
0 Posts
You get hate-mail from their frontend, lectured by their author, and humilated publically by one of the porters, then say that, mmkay?

S

·
0 Posts
True, you should forgive and forget. But it is very hard to do so when you have been the victim(s) of vicious and unprovoked attacks. You then become afraid to let your guard down or trust them, lest they do it again. And you can't blame people for feeling that way. As CD so aptly put it,"They made their bed and now they must lie in it". It is sad that it must be this way, but that how things go. "You makes your choices and you takes your chances".:(
sincerely,
sx/amiga

1 - 20 of 23 Posts