Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
...and now they do.
21,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for some odd reason, whenever i click "last page" for threads, it loads up a more or less random page from that thread (and never the last ;) ). sometimes it's about the half way point, and other times, its where ever it feels like going. am i the only one?

p.s. also, my memory is a little fuzzy, but didn't clicking on the thread name use to bring you to the last page of it and not the first?

·
The Hunter
17,202 Posts
I am experiencing the same problem with the last page button. And your memory is fuzzy, cause it's always been that way ;)

·
Knowledge is the solution
7,484 Posts
I think that what happened is that the number of post per page has been lowered to 10, but the page count on the thread view page still keep the old post per page count so we have a mismatch there.

·
...and now they do.
21,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
and another new (intentional?) change, clicking on 'message board' from the main page opens up a new window instead of loading on the same one. it messes up my whole system! :p

...or is that just me?

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
Proto said:
I think that what happened is that the number of post per page has been lowered to 10, but the page count on the thread view page still keep the old post per page count so we have a mismatch there.
i have mine set to 80 posts per page through the user CP.

and the "last page" thing works perfectly. for the example i used the sticky on how to configure your gamepad in ePSXe, started at page 1, clicked last, and it took me to page 18 (and hey my post is the only one on that page, by extreme coincidence! :D)

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
ok ok, i'm sorry. i'll retype the post and bold the new info.

mine is set to 80 posts per page and it works perfectly so you should too because then you wont have this problem.

that's the nicest i can say it.

·
Knowledge is the solution
7,484 Posts
Hmm, well... some people may not agree with you, but then again it would be nice if the default matched with the most commonly used setting, which is why I think it shoulds be risen to 20 posts again.

PS: It was not my intention to anger you though, sorry if I gave you that impression >.< I was just trying to say that even if there is a workaround (which seems to have some problems as well though) the default settings still had a problem

·
It’s Me .. I still Exist
1,231 Posts
hushy its the "Last Page" link when viewing the forum .. not the thread and you will see its not right. The thread link labled "Last" when viewing the actual thread works fine. Yeah and changing how many post per page showing doesn't work as the person said in the other thread and no matter what its changed to doesn't effect the last page link.

Thread Title (1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page) <-- That link.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
well i just tested it, it works when a thread has a new post.

for example, the perpetual desktop thread. i tried it from "New posts" and the last page link went straight to the last page (2 times...so if it's truly random thats like a 1 in 214 chance). i went to the actual General Pics forum, and the non bolded (aka no new posts) topics ones didnt work, but the one bolded (desktop thread) went to it (and i tried it more than once)

·
...and now they do.
21,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Proto said:
Well since I rarely go to the main page I hadn't noticed that one... then again for someone who opens everything in tabs I don't think I would have noticed it anyway :p
nah, i'm using firefox and its still opening a new window instead of a tab. could be a firefox setting i suppose... but everything seems in order.

G

·
See that other thread in site feedback about issues with the pages - both problems are caused by the same thing and as I said, I'm working on it :)

·
...and now they do.
21,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Bobbi said:
Try this now, should be fixed.
awesome. works like a charm now.

Proto said:
Trying clicking on links with the middle button instead of the left one :)
hot damn! i learn something new every day. thanks proto-(no)man. :D

·
Read Only
10,484 Posts
Hey
is there something wrong with the pcsx2 section of the forums?
Everytime I try to click ENTER THE FORUMS after reading the rules, it opens another page with the rules againg, and I can't enter the section 'cause of that.

Can anybody confirm that or I'm the only one with bad luck that is happening that.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.