Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
War Games coder
1,926 Posts
I doubt I'd notice the difference. The only reason I went optical was because my ball mouse kept getting gooped up with god only knows what. Optical mice don't do that. Why go laser? More surfaces? No need. More precision? Won't notice it. Higher price tag? Don't want it.

·
PCSX2 Coder
10,122 Posts
KillerShots said:
I doubt I'd notice the difference. The only reason I went optical was because my ball mouse kept getting gooped up with god only knows what. Optical mice don't do that. Why go laser? More surfaces? No need. More precision? Won't notice it. Higher price tag? Don't want it.
i have to agree, the only difference i noticed was the mouse was heavier.

but it was a cordless one too which doesnt help matters ;p

·
Registered
145 Posts
I use a wireless optical and it is as good as I think I will ever need. Very light, low power consumption, good range, reception as good as you could ask. See no reason to get a laser.

And as someone else said, why would you need a mouse usable on more surfaces? Unless you're one of these hard core rock climbing gamers :)P) whats the point?

·
Registered
6 Posts
just a quick question what is the difference between the two types. for christmas i got a logitech Mx310 and it got the red light under it. is that optical or laser(mini me bring out the lasser). I did notice when i was lookin around at best buy there was a logitech mouse w/ removable weights... i could be wrong(yes yes it is possible, lol) but that to me seems to be way overcomplicating things.

·
カラム
365 Posts
I only use an Optical aswell. I don't need Lazer. And my old ball one worked quite well for some time. Not one drop of gunk was in it on my monthly checks.

·
Wind, Life, Eternity
1,331 Posts
Optical mouse uses LED and laser mouse uses laser. If the red light spreads out it's probably optical.
LordRayden said:
I have a Razor Copperhead Laser mouse and it works waaaay better than optical, what do u guys think of the new laser mouse technology?
What was your original mouse :p

·
Heretic
2,766 Posts
Also on the bottom there should be all the product information and at the top it will say something like, "Wheel Mouse Optical 1.1A USB and PS/2 Compatible".

·
Okama Way!
352 Posts
cloud727 said:
I did notice when i was lookin around at best buy there was a logitech mouse w/ removable weights
That's just for gamers who like to think they are "HARDCORE!" for spending £100 on a mouse. The weights don't make any difference, you get used to whichever mouse you use a lot anyway, regardless of weight. Personally, I hate the heavy ones anyway.

OT - It's mouses not mice :p

·
Familiar Face
4,971 Posts
Evil_Neko said:
OT - It's mouses not mice :p
Actually, when referring to more than one mouse (even for a PC), the correct term is mice.:p
That aside, mreh, laser. Not worth it. I'm heavily into gaming, but not enough to pay that much for a friggin' mouse.

·
カラム
365 Posts
LMAO! That's priceless.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
i had the MX1000 (laser, cordless) but i gave it to my sister. meh. hellllla sensitive.

currently i use an MX510, its optical and it works perfectly. i cant see wanting anything more out of a mouse

·
War Games coder
1,926 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
I recently upgraded to a Copperhead from an MX510. To me, the difference is huge. I'd buy another if my dog ate it. Of course, I enjoy the sensitivity... If you prefer less, then there's no reason to buy a 2000dpi laser mouse. Weights seem like a marketing gimmick to me... I have a friend who bought one of those logitechs with weights and returned it after like 3 days.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.