Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Finally got the screen to fix my laptop today (yay) and got windows 2k installed on it. Found out i dont have any sound though. I wasnt expecting sound through the speakers because i kinda broke the plug, but expected something from the headphones jack. Well, i just noticed it kicked on some time while web surfing. so i thought to myself, ok no big deal. its just gonna do that every so often. Then I found out I could push down on an area of the keyboard and it kicks on and off. I also noticed an odd side effect, my laptop turns into a huge microphone. Im talking i can tap on the laptop keyboard and it comes through the headphones, loud and clear.

The area thats affecting it is about where the memory goes on the bottom, except this is the top of the bottom if you understand that. I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas. Its a thinkpad 600

Edit: ok its the mic port thats causing the noise and windows was set to echo the mic port. duh, thought i had checked that. But i still need to press down to turn the sound on, so any thoughts on that would be apreciated.

·
Familiar Face
4,971 Posts
My old Dell Inspiron 8000 (P3 700) had the same issue with the onboard sound card. The only fix for mine was a motherboard replacement. This sounds like the same thing that was causing mine to do that, which was a short in the jack.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im not even pushing down on the jack, im pushing down on the motherboard. maybe i should take the mobo out and see whats underneith where im pushing

·
Familiar Face
4,971 Posts
Is the jack on the same side of the laptop as where you're pushing it down at?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah, ive been working all day so i havent gotten a chance to look at whats under where im pushing

1 - 5 of 5 Posts